Configure Exit Points to activate an Event (and in turn a Business Process) to email user(s) when processing errors or successes occur. An Exit Point sets a Server-wide notification Event (as opposed to setting up multiple objects in multiple Projects to handle notifications).
If you are working on the local test server, you must have the Event and Business Process you want to use deployed.
If you are working on a remote server, you must have the Project(s) containing the Event and Business Process you want to use deployed.
- In the Admin Console | Settings tab, in the Setting Types area, select Exit Points.
- The Data area displays the available Exit points. They include:
- Inbound Acknowledgment Error - Raises an Event when an inbound acknowledgment is received and not accepted or accepted with errors. If enabled, this Exit Point will raise an Event for each inbound 997 that reports an error. Launches at the message or document level. For a list of codes, see Acknowledgment Error Codes.
- Inbound Duplicate Interchange - Raises an Event when Clarify identifies a duplicate interchange. This only works when the Process Duplicate Interchanges checkbox in the Inbound EDI Route editor is not selected.
- Inbound EDI Route Error Handler - Raises an Event when an Inbound EDI Route used during processing contains an error. Launches at the Interchange level.
- Inbound EDI Route Not Found - Raises an Event when Clarify cannot find an Inbound EDI Route during processing. (For example, if Clarify encounters a Sender ID with no associated route.) Launches at the Interchange level.
- Inbound EDI Route Process Binding Not Found - Raises an Event when Clarify finds a route, but does not find the corresponding process binding (to the Business Process used for the message/interchange). Process Binding is set in the Inbound EDI Route editor. Launches at the Interchange level.
- Inbound Interchange Processed - Raises an Event every time Clarify identifies and analyses an EDI interchange. Processed does not mean "processed without errors" - you can still get other Exit Point notifications after receiving an Inbound Interchange Processed notification.
Note: By default, this Exit Point generates an e-mail for each interchange processed. Users should consider the volume of emails they will receive before using this Exit Point, especially when experiencing high-volume EDI activity. Cleo recommends placing logic in the copied Business Process to narrow the number of interchanges processed when using Inbound Interchange Processed.
- In the Exit Point Name column, select the Exit Point you want to configure.
- Click the Attach Event button to produce the Select Event to Attach to Selected Exit Point window. Select the Event you want to raise when the Exit Point condition is met. Click OK.
- Repeat the substeps for each Exit Point you want to configure.
Note: Cleo strongly recommends using:
- Inbound Duplicate Interchange
- Inbound EDI Route Error Handler
- Inbound EDI Route Not Found
- Inbound EDI Route Process Binding Not Found