Create a JSON Schema to determine how a Ruleset reads or writes a JSON file.
Note: Basic knowledge of the JSON format is required before building and using this Schema.
- Select File | New | JSON Schema from the main menu.
- Select the import method for the Schema. Options include:
Note: Clarify validates the data when selecting import or paste.
- Create empty: Select this option to create an empty Schema. It is up to the user to build and detail each element. This is generally not the recommended approach, as it can be time-consuming and not as effective as the next two options.
- Import JSON file: Selecting this option allows you to import sample data directly into Clarify, which loads the JSON body and builds the Schema (similar to an XSD). The sample file must exist in your Workspace before creating the Ruleset with this option.
- Paste JSON body: Selecting this option is similar to the import option, but allows you to copy and paste the content of the JSON body directly into the Wizard.
- Once you've selected the import method (and performed any specialised steps per method), provide the Source folder, Package, and Name for the JSON Schema. Click Next.
- Click Finish. The JSON Schema editor appears.
Use this Schema as source or target when creating Rulesets.