- In the web UI, go to . In the native UI, go to .
- Click Request Permanent License. Request Permanent License is also available from the license warning and expired windows that appear at product startup.
- If you currently have a license, you must acknowledge that this is the final production destination for your product. Select VersaLex is installed into its final production destination. Click Continue.
- The contact information defaults to the registration. Modify it if necessary. If applicable, provide your EDI translator name and version and your firewall/proxy server and version; otherwise enter None.
- If you do not have Internet access, press Cancel in the request permanent license dialog and then select Send Email Request to request a license file. A license_key.txt file will be emailed back to you. Either drop the file into the VersaLex installed directory and restart the VersaLex application or click Browse in the registration dialog and select the license file.
- If you do have Internet access, modify the connection, if necessary. Click Check for License.
- The differences between the active license and the available, permanent license are shown. Any major discrepancies are highlighted in red; otherwise differences are highlighted in orange. If you have any questions about your purchase order, contact your Cleo Sales Representative. Otherwise, click OK to continue.
After the initial permanent license, Request Permanent License can be re-used to update the license when a support subscription is renewed or more hosts are purchased.