You can configure the settings of the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) for each instance of your Cleo product. The configured settings are used when the JVM is launched via a UI, command line or for a Windows service (Windows only).
These settings apply to the Cleo LexiCom AS/400 UI and not the process running on the AS/400.
To configure the launcher for an instance of your Cleo product, do the following:
- In the web UI, go to . In the native UI, select from the menu bar.
- You can configure a launcher for the UI, Command Line or Windows Service. For the launcher you want to configure, specify values for the following parameters:
- Maximum Memory
- Sets the maximum heap size the application will use. The example below configures the maximum heap size for 700M (700 megabytes). To set the maximum heap size to 2 gigabytes, enter 2048M or 2G. If this field is blank the default maximum heap size will be used. The default maximum heap size can be determined from the table below for most platforms.
Oracle (Sun)JVMs Client JVMs
The default maximum heap size is half of the physical memory up to a physical memory size of 192 megabytes and otherwise one fourth of the physical memory up to a physical memory size of 1 gigabyte.
For example, if your machine has 128 megabytes of physical memory, then the maximum heap size is 64 megabytes, and greater than or equal to 1 gigabyte of physical memory results in a maximum heap size of 256 megabytes.
Server JVMs Server JVM heap configuration is the same as the Client, except the default maximum heap size for 32-bit JVMs is 1 gigabyte, corresponding to a physical memory size of 4 gigabytes, and for 64-bit JVMs is 32 gigabytes, corresponding to a physical memory size of 128 gigabytes. IBM JVMs AIX, Windows FIPS Half the available memory with a minimum of 16 MB and a maximum of 512 MB
- Override Default Time Zone
- Allows you to override the operating system time zone. Select the appropriate time zone from the list of time zone settings available to the JVM. If this field is blank, the default operating system time zone will be used.
- Other Settings
- Allows you to specify other parameters to the JVM. For example, to specify the initial Java heap size to 70M (70 megabytes), enter -Xms70M in the Other Settingsfield.
- Click Test to test the configured settings by launching a JVM.
If the JVM is launched successfully with the configured parameters, the system displays a success confirmation dialog box. Click OK to dismiss the dialog box.
If the test is not successful, the system displays a dialog box indicating the test was not successful. Click OK to dismiss the dialog box.
- Click Apply. The application must be restarted for any changes to take effect.
Please sign in to leave a comment.