In addition to the AS2 and ebXML message service protocols (which are layered on top of HTTP and are peer-to-peer protocols), the Cleo Harmony and Cleo VLTrader applications also include an HTTP server that allows straight HTTP clients to send and receive payload.
Trading partners can use a web browser to manually trade with the Cleo Harmony or Cleo VLTrader application or an application (such as the Cleo LexiCom application) to automate trades with Cleo Harmony and Cleo VLTrader systems.
Configuring Local Listener HTTP Service
- Expand the Local Listener node in the tree pane and then click the HTTP node.
- On the HTTP tab in the content pane, specify parameter values as appropriate.
See Local Listener HTTP Service reference for information about the parameters available.
Note: The HTTP node's Resource Path must be enabled in order to configure Automatic IP Blacklisting. Cleo VLProxy uses the HTTP Resource Path to update the blacklist. See Configuring a blacklist.
- Click Apply.
Local Listener HTTP Service reference
- Resource Path
- Defaults to /server. Your trading partners must include this resource path in the URL when sending HTTP messages. You can change it at any time, but it must start with a forward slash (/) character.
- HTTP users can be identified to the Cleo Harmony and Cleo VLTrader applications using either WWW authentication or SSL client authentication. See Configuring HTTP for Local HTTP Mailbox. WWW authentication is enabled specifically for the HTTP service, while SSL client authentication is enabled for the HTTPs port. See Configuring a Local Listener for HTTP.
- The Cleo Harmony and Cleo VLTrader applications support the Basic and/or Digest Authentication schemes and both are enabled by default. Normally, basic authentication is passed using an
Authorization: header, but the Cleo Harmony and Cleo VLTrader applications also support basic authentication using
basicauth= parameter. The parameter value is in the same format as normal basic authentication (username:password), but can be either clear text or base64-encoded. Please note that when Digest Authentication is enabled, password storage will not be as secure as the Basic Authentication passwords. With Basic Authentication, consider using HTTP/s only. When initially enabling Digest Authentication, you will need to update the passwords of the Local HTTP Users in order for the users to be able to log in.
- Use the Authentication Realm to identify the Cleo Harmony or Cleo VLTrader server/service to the attached client during authentication. The default value is either Cleo VLTrader or Cleo Harmony, depending on your product.
- Detect incoming multipart content
- When you select Detect incoming multipart content and multiple files are sent to the server, the files are parsed and stored as individual elements. By default, this setting is not enabled and the content is stored as a single entity.