Create an EDI Enveloper to define a unique set of EDI values used to envelope the EDI message(s). It is used by the Outbound EDI Business Process with the appropriate interchange and group trailers.
- Select File | New | EDI Enveloper from the main menu bar.
Note: If you right-click the package to which the object will reside before creating it, Clarify automatically populates the Source and Package names in the New EDI Enveloperwindow.
- Select an EDI Standard using theX12, EDIFACT, or TRADACOMS radio button and click Next.
- Provide the Source folder, Package, and Name.
- Click Finish. An editor appears.
Defining this object controls the interchange and group element values for outbound EDI envelopes. You can also define envelope standards, limits, and document settings, as well as select Control Number Generators.
- Click in the Parent EDI Enveloper field to specify a parent EDI Enveloper, if applicable.
Parent EDI Envelopers allow the child EDI Enveloper to inherit the values specified within the parent.
- To ensure that the data is valid EDI, select the Complete for EDI Routing Requirements checkbox. Upon saving the object, Clarify performs validation for the required enveloping information. Any missing information will be noted in the Problems view, along with a red error symbol on the editor.
- Under the Trading Partner section, select or create a Trading Partner (click the link to create new, or click the field to select from existing one).
- Under Envelope Fields, click inside the Value fields and type in the required value as it pertains to the Name indicated to the left.
The element values populated will be used to envelope the outbound EDI document.
- Under Envelope Settings, use the Target Envelope drop-down menu to choose a target envelope type. The following options are available:
For X12, these options exist:
For EDIFACT, these options exist:
- X12: The GS04 value will contain an 8-digit date (yyyyMMdd). The GS05 value will contain a 6-digit time (HHmmss).
- X12 4 Digit Time: The GS04 value will contain a 6-digit date (yyMMdd). The GS05 value will contain a 4-digit time (HHmm).
- X12 TA1 Acknowledgement: Provides the option to include a TA1 segment on an outbound acknowledgement if the inbound EDI document requests one in the ISA14 with a value of "1".
For TRADACOMS, these options exist:
- EDIFACT : The UNG and UNA are included.
- EDIFACT NG: (No Group). The UNA is included; The UNG is not.
- EDIFACT NG NUNA: (No Group, No UNA) The UNA and UNG Segments are not included. (Default)
- EDIFACT NUNA: (No UNA) The UNA is not included; the UNG is included.
- TradacomsWithRSGRSG: Includes the Reconciliation Message. When used, the RSGRSG message must always be sent at the end of the transmission immediately before the END segment.
- TRADACOMS: Does not include the Reconciliation Message (RSGRSG).
- Under Enveloping Limits, select the Change Enveloping Limits checkbox to provide limitations to the allowed number of interchanges, groups, or messages per completed EDI document.
An example would be to allow for a maximum of one message, one group, and one interchange per outbound EDI document. If multiple messages are created, they will be enveloped individually.
- Under Control Number Generators, click inside the Interchange, Group, and Message fields to specify the created Control Number Generators to be used for each level, if desired.
The Auto counter checkbox can be selected to automatically increment the control numbers to be used. It is important to note that using the checkbox does not increment control number on a remote server; it is recommended when testing values in the Local Test Server.
- Under Document Settings, specify the Encoding Character Set by clicking within the field and selecting the desired result.
A different encoding character set may be used. The default character set is UTF-8. However, international character sets can be used to produce special characters that may not be available in UTF-8, or other sets. For example, when using Chinese characters, use Big5; Japanese characters, use Shift-JIS.
- Under Document Settings, specify the End of Lines Character by selecting the drop-down menu and selecting either Carriage Return, Line Feed, or Carriage Return / Line Feed.
End of Line Characters are used at the end of each segment to unwrap the EDI document with the desired character.
- Under Document Settings, select the Enable Fixed Wrapping checkbox to enable the Fixed Wrap Length parameter. Specify the desired number of characters within each line of data.
- Under Connection Process, click in the Business Process field to select the Connection Business Process (click the link to create new, or click the field to select from existing).
Populate the Value parameter of each field used within the Connection Business Process.
- Under Late Acknowledgement Setting, select the Enable Late Acknowledgement checkbox to enable the Late Threshold values. Indicate the desired numeric value and unit of measure. Enabling the Late Acknowledgement will enable an internal timer to which an outbound acknowledgment is considered late, and be able to be queried in the Late Acknowledgement Report.
- Click Save to complete this task.