As part of another Clarify integration or process, you may wish to target data into Cleo Harmony. There are several steps that take place in both systems.
- Using the SendMessageToHarmony Business Process task, Clarify writes to a table on its internal database.
- The Clarify Connector (in Harmony) sends requests to the Harmony Monitor (in Clarify) which polls the Clarify database for messages. Even though the data flow appears to be from Clarify to Harmony, it is actually Harmony that drives this process by using a scheduled Send Action to request any available messages that are staged in the Clarify database. A deployed and active Harmony Monitor is required as part of this process.
- Clarify logs connection information, and deletes the database table entry once Harmony has received the message.
- Harmony immediately transfers the data through the Connection Alias defined in the Business Process task.
This diagram shows a typical message flow from Clarify to Harmony.
To configure Clarify so that messages can be received from Harmony, the following must occur in both systems:
- Configure a Business Process that calls the SendMessageToHarmony (Business Process task) task (and writes target data).
- Deploy and start a Harmony Monitor.
- Create and configure a Clarify Connector. This includes modifying the inbox and outbox of the AS2/FTP/LCOPY (or whichever "top-level" protocol being used) to reference the Clarify Connector. Detailed steps are provided in Configuring the Clarify Connector in Harmony.
- Create and schedule a Send Action in Harmony to prompt the Harmony Monitor to poll the Clarify database for any changes. See How toCreate and Schedule a Send Action in Harmony.
Please sign in to leave a comment.