Perspectives are visual containers for a set of content views and, in most cases, editors. They also control what appears in certain menus and tool bars.
As each perspective provides a set of functionality aimed at accomplishing a specific type of task or works with specific types of resources, their contents vary according to those specifics. To work with a perspective, click its name in the Perspective bar.
To access the Perspective menu, right-click any of its Perspective tabs.
- Save As: Saves a customized perspective either with the same name or a new name. This includes re-arranged (including detached) views, resized view and editor areas, and all other user interface changes.
- Reset: Restores an individual perspective’s contents to its default (last-saved) layout.
- Dock On: Sets the location of the Perspective bar. Choices are Top Right, Top Left, and Left.
More information on modifying perspectives can be found in Customizing Perspectives.
Sets of tools appear as buttons at the left side of the Perspective toolbar, which appears immediately below the main menu bar.
Each Perspective toolbar has multiple segments, each with one or more selections. Certain segments are available for all perspectives, while others are visible only for one or more. Furthermore, not all segment selections are always available.
Segments are divided by a thin vertical line.
Segments may be re-arranged by grabbing the thick vertical line on the left side of the desired segment and then dragging it to the desired location. For example, they may be separated or stacked.
Perspectives included with Clarify
- Workbench: Clarify’s design-time environment, where objects are created and maintained.
- Admin Console: Used to perform and monitor various administrative functions, including Project deployment, Business Process launching, and auditing.
- SVN Repository: Used to manage repository locations and share Projects from SVN Repositories.
- Team Synchronizing: Used to synchronize resources in the local Workspace with their counterparts shared in an SVN Repository.
Please sign in to leave a comment.