Quick Searches are a log query, available from the Auditor view, which allows you to use and create custom logs based on different log types. This feature allows you to search based upon either basic log type data or specific groupings of commonly-used types and attributes.
Quick Searches can be created with specific conditions, and these can be saved as a Log Filter and added to a Log Filter Group.
All Quick Search results can be viewed from the Log Entries section of the Auditor.
Quick Searches are based on the type of log selected in the Log Type drop-down. The selected log type determines which log information shows on the Log Entries section. Certain features are not available for all log types.
Modify your Quick Search with conditions
A Quick Search can be customized and refined to include specific conditions. Using different expressions and properties, create new conditions to filter for desired results.
- Under the Quick Search section, select a log type.
- Click the Add Group button to create either an inclusive or exclusive statement, such as an All (and) or Any (or) statement. This will apply to any child expressions.
- Click the Add Columns Expression button to create a new row.
- (For Connection log type only) Click the Add Property Expression button to choose specific Properties for searching.
- For the Name, Condition, and Value columns, click the appropriate field and select the desired attribute, or populate the value by typing into the field. Different options are available according to log type.
The log results change instantly in the Log Entries section based on your modifications.
Save a Quick Search as a Log Filter
In the example above, if you were to select another log type, the modifications would not be saved. You can save a Quick Search as a Log Filter and add it to a Log Filter Group for re-use and more effective log management.Take these steps to save a modified Quick Search as a Log Filter.
- Under the Quick Search section, create a Quick Search based on your requirements .
- Click the Save Quick Search as a Log Filter button.
- Provide a name for your Log Filter.
- If desired, you can add this Log Filter to one, or more, Log Filter Groups.
- Click OK to complete.