Defining an LDAP profile establishes the LDAP server connection, creates mappings between LDAP groups and roles, and activates the actual integration with Clarify.
Please coordinate with your IT Administrator to ensure that the following information is available prior to setting up LDAP integration in Clarify.
- The URL, port number, and default account name and password required to log in to your LDAP server.
- A defined list of groups and users that are correctly referenced by distinguished names (DN).
- Knowledge of the Clarify roles to which the groups will be assigned. These roles must be defined and configured.
Defining the LDAP profile requires these stages:
- Create and configure the LDAP profile.
- Map LDAP groups to Clarify roles.
- Enable the LDAP profile.
Note: Only users with a specific Access Control permission (Add/Modify/Delete Users, Roles, and LDAP Profiles) can perform these steps.