Cleo recommends backing up the database and file system in one comprehensive process. It is imperative that both database and file system are backed up together.
- Database backup: creates a backup of the database using a script provided by Cleo; a corresponding script can then restore the database from the backup.
- File System backup: requires use of a third-party tool (or a set of scripts to copy the files to another location) that you choose; this must backup important Clarify file system resources.
- Replication: can duplicate your entire Clarify environment in almost real-time. This is accomplished by replicating the database via a PostgreSQL tool and by replicating Clarify file system resources via a third-party replication tool.
- Never deploy projects while a backup is running.
- After the database has been restored, Control Numbers and Next Numbers must be incremented to avoid repetition.