Cleo strongly recommends using a third-party tool of your choosing to accomplish the backup of important Clarify file system resources.
- Clarify Server installation directory
- Clarify Server Workspace directory
These important directories contain files and folders that are essential for the deployment/installation of server projects. File system backups are also a good idea after deployments.
Log and Storage folders (for High Volume Environments)
High volume integrations result in very large logs and storage folders within the Server Workspace directory. Much of the content within these folders can be excluded from a backup; doing so increases backup performance, and uses less storage space. However, there are certain tradeoffs to consider.
Always balance the prospect of large and slower backups against the need to retain transactional data not required to get vital business processes back online after a failure. Below is a description of these logs and storage folders, along with their contents, and if required or optional for a file system backup.
Please note: If you exclude an optional item, you will not have access to it should a restore be necessary.
Logs folderAll content can be considered optional.
- logs/processes: viewed from Admin Console (Auditor)
- logs/(resource monitor): viewed from Admin Console
Note that some are required.
- storage/compiledRules (Data generated at install time for Clarify objects and project install time for user objects.) -(Required)
- storage/compiledMetadata (Data generated at install time for Clarify objects and project install time for user objects.) -(Required)
- storage/schemaArchive (Data generated at project install time for user objects.) - (Required)
- storage/spreadsheetTemplates (Data generated at project install time for user objects) - (Required)
- storage/BasicSyntaxAnalyzer (Required)
- storage (all other files; for example, a folder with a YYYY naming convention containing auditor logs, etc.)
- storage/LOC/ (For reprocessing and viewing source data in connection log details, auditor tab, admin console perspective.)
Note: Although optional, if excluded, reprocessing of documents will not function.