Creating an EDI Schema instructs Clarify which segments and elements appear in your data.
- Select File | New | EDI Schema from the main menu. The New EDI Schema window appears.
Note: If you select the package in which the EDI Schema should reside before creating it, some parameters are automatically populated in the New EDI Schema window.
- Provide the Source folder, Package, and Name. Click Next.
- Under EDI Version / Message Selection, in the Standard Type area, click the EDI standard you want to use.
Notes:If the version you want to use is not available, see Updating EDI Standards in the Studio.Each standard has many associated messages. It may take a few seconds for the next field, MessageID, to load.
- The Message ID area displays all messages (such as 850 Purchase Order) available for that standard. Click the message for which you want to create a Schema.
- Click Finish. The EDI Schema's editor appears.