Creating an EDI Schema instructs Clarify which segments and elements appear in your data.
- Select File | New | EDI Schema from the main menu. The New EDI Schema window appears.
If you select the package in which the EDI Schema should reside before creating it, some parameters are automatically populated in the New EDI Schema window.
- Provide the Source folder, Package, and Name. Click Next.
- Under EDI Version / Message Selection, in the Standard Type area, click the EDI standard you want to use.
If the version you want to use is not available, see Updating EDI Standards in the Studio.Each standard has many associated messages. It may take a few seconds for the next field, MessageID, to load.
- The Message ID area displays all messages (such as 850 Purchase Order) available for that standard. Click the message for which you want to create a Schema.
- Click Finish. The EDI Schema's editor appears.