Create this object to call Java programs external to Clarify, or other internally-shipped actions. Please note that Java programs must already exist prior to integration with Clarify.
- Select File | New | External API - Java Programs from the main menu bar. The New External API - Java Programs window appears.
- Provide the Source folder, Package, and Name.
- Click Finish. An editor appears.
You can also use the Wizard to create this object. Click New to select the object.
Define this object by specifying the types of parameters to be sent and received (boolean, string, object or number), as well as the properties of the Java program to be called (classpath, class, and method).
- Under the Parameters section, click Add to create a new property to be passed as the input in your Ruleset . You must provide a name, input and type (boolean, string, object or number). Repeat as necessary for each parameter. Clarify currently supports the use of up to 99 parameters.
- Under the Java Program Properties section, add the Classpath, Class, and Method using the available buttons. This provides the necessary instruction to successfully call the define Java program.
Note: Please note that Java programs must already exist prior to integration with Clarify
- Click Save to complete this task.