Create this object when wanting to use a statement that performs one or more calculations.
- Select File | New |Formula from the main menu bar. The New Formula window appears.
Note: If you select the package in which the Formula should reside before creating it, some parameters are automatically populated in the New Formula window.
- Provide the Source folder, Package, and Name.
- Click Finish. An editor appears.
You can also use the Wizard to create this object. Click New to select the object.
Defining this object configures the parameters, properties and return types used in the statement that performs one or more calculations.
The following steps take place in the Formula Editor which has these sections: Parameters and FormulaProperties.
- Under the Parameters section, click the Add button to add a row, and then define the parameter.
- Type the parameter name. The name entered here will be available in a Ruleset. Select the parameter type. Options include Boolean (true or false values), Number, Object, and String.
- Under the Formula Properties section, enter the formula in the Formula field, using operator codes supported in Clarify.
- Click Save to complete this task.