External API – Java Program is an object used as an action in a Ruleset to call Java programs external to Clarify, or other internally-shipped actions. Please note that Java programs must already exist prior to integration with Clarify.
Common use cases include:
- Scanning and replacing values in large data sets
- Adding or subtracting increments of time
- Assigning a Next Number increment from server cache
- Split expressions
How the Object Works
This object, once created, becomes available as an Action in a Ruleset. It can also be created directly from within a Ruleset.
Process SummaryTo use this object, you must:
- Create this object.
- Define parameters to be passed and the required external program properties.
- Reference the object as an action in a Ruleset.
Note: This object is no longer used in the new transformation engine. This object was a binding between a Ruleset and Java Code.
Please sign in to leave a comment.