Create a Ruleset object to set up a collection of rules that govern the way Clarify transforms one business document into another. If you are creating a Transformation Ruleset, you must have two Schemas, one for source data and one for target data. If you are creating a Data Analysis Ruleset, you only need one Schema for source data.
For large Schemas, you can Set Schema Loading Preferences to reduce the amount of time it takes to load in the editor.
- Select File | New | Ruleset from the main menu.
Note: If you select the Package in which the Ruleset should reside before creating it, some parameters are automatically populated in the New Ruleset window.
- Provide the Source folder, Package, and Name. Click Next.
- In the Schema Types window, choose the syntax types for your Source (input) data and Target (output) data. Choices are:
- Local EDI Message
- Flat File
- (Target only) No Target - use for Data Analysis Rulesets (DARS)
- In the Source Schema window, click Browse to produce the Select File window. Choose the Schema that details the source data. Click Next.
Note: The Schema must be contained in the current Project or in a Package that has been made available to the current Project to appear in the selector window.
- In the Target Schema window, click Browse to produce the Select File window. Choose the Schema that details the target data.
- Select the Ruleset version to generate.
- Click Finish. The Ruleset editor appears.