The Connection Business Process inherits two tasks. At a minimum, one additional task is added.
- SetConnectionFieldValues – This inherited task populates Field values from the EDI Enveloper.
- Target Interface – This task uses the adapter to output the completed, enveloped EDI document. We use our File Adapter (Write).
- SetExitStatus – This inherited task sets the Exit Status as true (pass) or false (fail).
The Connection Business Process inherits three parameters.
- inputStorageNode – This contains the completed, enveloped EDI document.
- ediEnveloper – This contains the EDI Enveloper that references this Business Process.
This parameter assists the SetConnectionFieldValues task to populate the Field values
defined within the EDI Enveloper.
- connectionLogId – This contains the internal ID for the Log of Connection; it is not used here.
Indicating the file name can be done in two ways. You can do so directly or indirectly (“hot swap” it at runtime via the EDI Enveloper).
It is best practice to use a Field in this Business Process to “hot swap” the file name. This way, in the trading-partner-specific EDI Enveloper you can specify either a static file name (one-size-fits-all)
or you can treat individual trading partner needs individually by specifying a unique file name.