Create a Business Process to perform certain tasks on data, based on a defined sequence.
- Select File | New | Business Process from the main menu bar.
Note: If you select the package in which the Business Process should reside before creating it, some parameters are automatically populated in the New Business Process window.
- The New Business Process window appears. From the Templates section, choose a radio button to specify whether to use a template to create the new Business Process. Options are:
- No Template: Creates a blank Business Process, with no initial parameters, variables, or tasks included. These will have to be added.
- Inbound EDI Business Process: Creates a Business Process pre-populated with parameters and tasks designed to process inbound EDI documents.
- Outbound EDI Business Process: Creates a Business Process pre-populated with parameters and tasks designed to process outbound EDI documents.
- Application Route Business Process: Creates a Business Process with the parameters and tasks needed for application processing (non-EDI), and used in conjunction with a Data Analysis Ruleset.
- Connection Business Process: Creates a Business Process pre-populated with parameters and tasks designed to output a complete, enveloped outbound EDI document. This type of Business Process is set in the EDI Enveloper object; that is, the Enveloper actually indicates the Connection Business Process to execute at runtime for each completed, enveloped EDI document.
- Use another Business Process as Template: Choose an existing Business Process as a template, thereby copying all tasks, references to objects, and parameters from the original Business Process.
- Click Next.
- Provide the Source folder, Package, and Name.
- Click Finish. An editor appears.
Please sign in to leave a comment.