The Team Synchronizing perspective is used to synchronize resources in the local Workspace with their counterparts shared in a repository.
Common uses include synchronizing resource versions, viewing history, and comparing resource content.
This perspective contains these views:
The Synchronize view allows for comparing local Workspace and remote repository versions of resources, and provides functionality to address differences and conflicts.
Subversion-specific icons indicate the synchronization state of each resource. They are listed here:
|Incoming addition||The resource was added to the repository, so it's new compared to the local copy. It will be added to the local workbench after an Update.|
|The resource was changed in the repository, so it’s different compared to the local copy. The change(s) will be added to the local workbench after an Update.|
|Incoming deletion||The resource was deleted from the repository, but it still exists in the local workbench. It will be deleted from the local workbench after an Update.|
|Outgoing addition||The resource was added to the local workbench, so it's new compared to the repository. It will be added to the repository after a Commit.|
|The resource was changed in the local workbench, so it’s different compared to the repository. The change(s) will be added to the repository after a Commit.|
|Outgoing deletion||The resource was deleted from the local workbench, but it still exists in the repository. It will be deleted from the repository after a Commit.|
|Conflict addition||Two different resources with the same name were added to the repository and the local workbench.|
|Changes made to both the local workbench and repository versions of the resource cannot be merged automatically. Note that the parents of the decorated resource are also decorated. A manual Merge is required to resolve this conflict.|
|Conflict deletion||Both the local workbench and repository versions of the resource were deleted. No action is required.|
|Properties change||The properties of either the local workbench or repository version of the resource were changed. No action is required.|
The view bar has these tools.
- Synchronize: Starts synchronization with repository.
- Pin Current Synchronization: Pins the current synchronization so other started synchronizations will be shown in another Synchronization view.
- Show Java Workspace: Toggles between two selections.
- Collapse All: Redraws the view collapsing all expanded items.
- Next Difference: Shows the next difference of the resources.
- Previous Difference: Shows the previous difference of the resources.
- Expand All: Redraws the view expanding all collapsed items.
- Incoming Mode: Redraws the view showing only incoming changes.
- Outgoing Mode:Redraws the view showing only outgoing changes.
- Incoming/Outgoing Mode: Redraws the view showing both incoming and outgoing changes.
- Conflicts Mode: Redraws the view showing only conflict changes.
- Update All Incoming Changes: Activates the Update action for all incoming changes.
- Commit All Outgoing Changes: Activates the Commit action for all outgoing changes.
- View Menu: See the table below for information on its sub selections.
View MenuThe View Menu has these selections.
- Pin Current Synchronization:
- Link with Editor:
- Remove Current Synchronization: Removes the current synchronization information from the view.
- Remove UnPinned Synchronizations: Removes all unpinned synchronizations from the view.
- Mode: Allows to set the synchronization mode to either Incoming, Outgoing, Both, or Conflicts.
- Restore Removed Items:
- Preferences: Produces the Synchronize Preferences window.
- Schedule: Produces the Configure Synchronize Schedule - SVN window.
- Show Synchronize Info Incrementally: A checkable selection.
Please sign in to leave a comment.