Creating a vault entry from the Admin Console’s Settings | Auth Vault view is the first step to begin using auth info from your own server environment. A vault entry must also exist before another environment can access the auth info.
- From the Admin Console’s Auth Vault section, create a new entry with the Create button . The Vault Entry Metadata screen appears.
- Enter an Alias name.
Alias can be any name you choose but should have some description in its name. “ShopifyToken” is a good example, as it combines the external Web application and the type of auth info. This Alias will later be identified in the Web Service Consumer object that you will use to call the external Web Service.
- Select the method to obtain the access token. Options include:
- OAuth 2.0: This utilizes an Open Authorization (OAuth) grant flow to authenticate the external application. Depending on the grant type indicated, different information must be provided as part of this Wizard option. Only OAuth 2.0 is supported.
- Manual: Select this when token information is obtained elsewhere (not using an OAuth grant flow).
- Cloud Connector: Select when authenticating a Cloud Connector Project. (A prerequisite step)
Based on the method selected, follow the steps outlined below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.