The Cleo Integration Cloud (CIC) Studio uses two specific resources to send and receive data between the Studio and CIC Cockpit and ultimately between your trading partners and customers. These are the Cloud Monitor and Cloud Adapter.
The Cloud Monitor checks for messages on specific Endpoints in your Tenant (created in CIC), and then launches an Event (to execute a Business process) as a result of detection. This is the way data can be brought into the Studio for further transformation.
To create the Cloud Monitor:
- Select File | New | Cloud Monitor from the main menu bar. Note: If you select the Package in which the monitor should reside before creating it, some parameters are automatically populated in the New Cloud Monitor window.
- Provide the Source folder, Package, and Name.
- Click Ok. An editor appears.
To define the Cloud Monitor:
- Place your cursor in the Event field and select from a list of existing Events. To create an Event, click the hyperlinked Event field label. The Event will launch when selected endpoints are identified.
- From the Settings section, add endpoints to be monitored.
- To enable the Monitor to automatically start whenever your Integration Engine starts (eliminating the need for a manual start), select the Run as service checkbox.