Before creating and using a Connector, please review the following requirements and prerequisites.
- Adobe Commerce instance and Access Token Setup
- Specialized Licensing Required
- Technical Assumption
Adobe Commerce instance and Access Token setup
To use this connector, one must have a running instance of Adobe Commerce.
For production setup please refer to the below link:
For testing purposes, you can use the Adobe Commerce docker instance. Follow the steps mentioned in the below link to set up a docker instance for Adobe Commerce.
To create the connector, the following details are required:
- Access Token
- Adobe Commerce Instance URL
Follow the below steps to get the Access Token.
- Log in to the Adobe Commerce Admin portal and click System > Extensions > Integrations to display the Integrations page.
- Click Add New Integration to display the New Integration page.
- Enter a unique name for the integration in the Name field. Then enter your admin password in the Your Password field. Leave all other fields blank.
- Click the API tab. Select the Adobe Commerce resources that the integration can access. You can select all resources, or select a custom list.
- Save your changes and return to the Integrations page.
- Click the Activate link in the grid that corresponds to the newly-created integration.
- Click Allow. A dialog similar to the example below should display.
- The Access Token value will be displayed. This should not expire unless the created integration gets deleted.
Note: The Adobe Commerce Instance URL must be in the below format.
Specialized Licensing Required
The Application Connector requires a specialized server license. See your Customer Account Manager.
Effective use of the Connector assumes the following:
- You are familiar with the development and organization of your external application account.
- You know the particulars of your data and the external processes to manage it.
- You have a general understanding of how to create and share resources, and publish (deploy) integration projects in CIC Studio.