Below is an example showing how the D365 SCM Connector Business Process can be used. In the following example, the GetSalesOrderHeadersV3.bps (from the Connector Project) is used to retrieve SalesOrderHeaders from D365 application. This is followed by a step (Ruleset) which will perform some transformation on the response received.
Steps to create the Connector and Integration Projects:
- Create a D365 SCM Connector Project.
- Create an Integration project (CIC Project)
- Set the Connector Project as a dependency in the Integration Project.
- To perform an operation using the Connector Business Processes and Schemas, follow these steps:
- Create a BP, and add a task to include the above BP from Connector Project (i.e. GetSalesOrderHeadersV3.bps).
- Create another task in the BP - calling a Ruleset. This Ruleset maps from JSON to any Clarify supported Schema type. All Connector Schemas (request and response) are JSON format. All required fields must be mapped in this Ruleset (e.g. SalesOrderNumber, OrderTotalAmount, InvoiceCustomAccountNumber, etc.)