The IBM MQ Adapter allows you to send messages to a message queue, known simply as a queue. Messages accumulate on queues until they are retrieved by programs that service those queues. The content of the message is the payload being passed to the IBM MQ Adapter using a Business Process in Clarify.How to create and configure
- Select File | New | IBM MQ Adapter from the main menu.
- Provide the Source folder, Package, and Name (if not already done so).
- Click Finish. An editor appears.
- If you need to add a parameter, click the Add button in the Parameters section and then define the parameter that appears in the new row. By default, there are two parameters:
Payload (type = StorageNode): The actual message sent to the Queue.
Metadata (type = JSON): This is the MQ Headers that form part of the message.
- Enter the following details in the Settings view of the editor, based on the configuration of your IBM MQ installation.
Host Name/IP: Enter the Host Name/IP of the IBM MQ Installation.
Port: Enter the Port of the IBM MQ Installation. Default is 1414.
Username: Enter username created as part of installation, if required for connection. Otherwise leave blank.
Password: Enter password created as part of installation, if required for connection. Otherwise leave blank.
Set Identity Context (checkbox): This enables the Adapter to send JMS_IBM_MQMD_ApplIdentityData in the metadata header. ApplIdentityData is part of identity context of the message. Checking this box enables it.
Queue Manager Name: Enter name of the Queue Manager.
Channel Name: Enter the name of the Channel.
Destination Type: Select Queue or Topic.
Destination Name: Enter the name of the Queue or Topic. For example, Dev.Queue.1
Application Name: Optional. Enter the name of the Application. For example, you may wish to label a connection.Message Format: Options include Byte or Text. This determines the format in which the Adapter will send the message to the Queue.
Please sign in to leave a comment.