A search request is performed on NetSuite to look for item fulfillment records. If records are found, each NetSuite Item fulfillment XML is translated into respective Shopify Envelope XML and the response is posted to Shopify.
This section explains the settings required to configure the integration between Shopify and NetSuite to retrieve the Item Fulfillments from the NetSuite and update the Shipments on Shopify. This also includes the details on the flow which verifies the Shipment processing status on Shopify once it is successfully submitted. If the shipment is not processed successfully on Shopify, then the flow is configured to automatically notify the user about the same.
How to Configure the Reference table and Process Scheduler
Configure the Cleo-provided Reference Table.
- Deploy the following Project - com.cleo._customer_.booster.shopify
- Run the Business Process process - com.cleo._customer_.booster.shopify.location.xref.CreateLocationIdRefTableBPS to create the required reference table.
- To verify if the setup is complete, navigate to Integration tab > Reference Tables and confirm that the required table has been created.
Configure the Scheduler.
To schedule the fulfillment flow, configure the com.cleo._customer_.booster.netsuite.itemFulfillment.LaunchNetsuiteItemFulfillmentPS to run every 4 hours with a start time set as 12:00:00 AM. (See Creating and Defining Process Schedules for more info.)
How to Run the Flow
After you configure the Fulfillment Flow (described above), you can test it by running it manually or automatically.
- Deploy the following Projects if you have not done so already:
- Run the LaunchNetsuiteItemFulfilmentBPS.
- Manually - Run the LaunchNetsuiteItemFulfilmentBPS from your Workspace. For more information, see Business Processes in Starting Objects.
- Automatically - If you have correctly configured the scheduler (see Configure the schedulers), the Business Process will start as scheduled. For information about scheduling, see Creating and Defining Process Schedules.
- Review the results of the Fulfillment flow
- Review Auditor log entries. See Using the CIC Studio Auditor.
- Verify the following in the CIC Cockpit.
- Message Tiles (Status of Fulfillment Acknowledgement)
- Dashboard > Charts
- If there is an error, a ticket is created and an issue flag displays in the Message Tile. You can drill down into the Message Detail to see additional information. In addition, you can see detailed information about the Job.
What to do if the Order Fulfillment (Shipment) API Posts Errors Out
If the Order Fulfillment errors during posting, a ticket is created and the Issue is visible on the Cockpit . If the Error description is not clear, work with Cloud Support (for MS customers) to understand the reasons for the issue.
Once the issue is corrected, the Item Fulfillment needs to be reprocessed. There are two ways to reprocess the Item Fulfillment
- If the issue is with the transformation (Ruleset) only, and there is nothing to correct in the data, the Cockpit Reprocessing functionality on the Message Details can be used after making sure the correct Ruleset changes are deployed. Once the reprocessing is complete the further processing will be handled automatically.
- If the Item Fulfillment needs to be processed from NetSuite (if there was any correction on the data) then, after making the necessary changes to the NetSuite Item Fulfillment, the custom field custbody_cleo_source_status must be set to PENDING_ (this is case sensitive) on the corresponding Item Fulfillment. This will be processed automatically on the next schedule.
This can also be processed manually by running the business process - com.cleo._customer_.booster.netsuite.itemFulfillment.LaunchNetsuiteItemFulfilmentBPS
How to Customize
Change the intervals of retrieving Item Fulfillments from NetSuite:
The Process Scheduler - com.cleo._customer_.booster.netsuite.itemFulfillment.LaunchNetsuiteItemFulfillmentPS is currently configured to retrieve Item Fulfillments every 4 hours. Change the schedule to run more or less frequently. Refer Creating and Defining Process Schedules – Cleo for details about defining schedulers.
Add more details while creating the Shipment on Shopify.
The Shopify Fulfillment is created with all the required fields that are needed to mark the order as “Shipped” on the Shopify side. The values that are being mapped are documented in the Integration Design Specification (com.cleo._customer_.shopifynetsuite.docs.SHOPIFY-NetSuite-Accelerator-LMS.xlsx). However, if you wish to add any additional fields then the Ruleset com.cleo._customer_.shopifynetsuite. fulfillment.NetsuiteItemFulfillmentToShopifyItemFulfillmentRS needs to be updated as per the requirement.
Contact Cleo support if you need any assistance while adding additional rules.