CIC Cockpit Enhancements
This release contains general enhancements and improvements, including infrastructure updates put in place to support future capabilities and development.
Troubleshooting failed Jobs without logging into CIC Studio
CIC now provides a troubleshooting path from a trouble ticket in CIC or Zendesk directly to the failed Job in the CIC Cockpit. From there, you have access to process logs from Auditor directly on the Logs tab in the Jobs Details page in Cockpit. See Troubleshooting Transformation Issues and Auditor Log data displayed in CIC Cockpit.
Improvements to the management console for Trading Partner-related objects
The list of Endpoints associated with a given partner (Network > Partners tab) now includes API Endpoints and allows the creation of API Endpoints. This helps the user understand which Endpoints are currently being used by a given Trading Partner.
- FTP Endpoint has been enhanced to support using a TLS client certificate for client authentication.
- Fixed an issue where on the Partners > Endpoints screen, disabled Endpoints were not greyed out.
- Fixed an issue where a Data Flow could be scheduled to run more frequently than once within a minute. Existing Data Flow schedules will be honored, but future schedules will have this restriction.
- Fixed an issue where an AzureBlob Endpoints could not be enabled or disabled from the list of Endpoint.
CIC Studio/Engine Enhancements
This release contains several minor fixes for recent Production issues and includes infrastructure updates meant to improve general platform stability.
MS Dynamics 365 SCM Connector Enhancement - Include Expand Schema
The Microsoft Dynamics 365 SCM Connector now includes all navigation entities applicable for a given entity (SalesOrderHeaderV2, for example) in the response schemas of Get and GetById operations. This alleviates the manual step of merging payloads of different entities to prepare a single document (for example, displaying the merged payload in the cockpit). You can now directly map these objects using a single, expanded schema within your Ruleset. For more information see Step 4 of creating a connector Project.
Timeout parameters in NetSuite Connector
Timeout limits in your NetSuite Connector can be configured to control how long a process should wait before timing out (and not waiting indefinitely). This helps to identify NetSuite processes that may not have completed, especially when no timeout response has been received from NetSuite. See Managing Timeout Limits in the NetSuite Connector for more information.
- Fixed an issue where multiple inbound 830 processes would incorrectly display with a status of Active/Running for an extended period of time.
- Fixed an issue with validation errors being generated when deploying multiple WSProvider projects that use the default API group.
- Fixed an issue where redeploying a project with no change to authtype generated a validation error.
- Fixed an issue where, when the Tenant Configuration was updated, it required API Provider projects to be redeployed.
- Fixed an issue where regenerating OAuth2 credentials for an Endpoint without saving the Endpoint would allow the old Access Token to continue working.
- Partner Mailbox Endpoints enhanced to allow files to be renamed before they are picked up.
CIC Library Enhancements
This release contains general enhancements and improvements, including infrastructure updates put in place to support future capabilities and development. For more information on all Accelerators, please see the Accelerator Overview.
CIC Agent Enhancements
The current release is 1.0.25. This release contains general enhancements and improvements, including infrastructure updates put in place to support future capabilities and development.