Also called the O2C cycle, Order-to-cash is how your business receives, processes, manages, and completes orders. It begins from the time an order takes place and includes each step of the delivery and payment process. In this case, D365 Business Central (BC) represents our backend.
This particular Accelerator contains prebuilt Schemas, Rulesets, Business Processes, and other resources used for development, deployment/execution, and testing. This includes mapping tools specific to several business flows as part of this Accelerator. Finally, there are also resources necessary to display data in several CIC Cockpit monitoring pages.
Supported Business Flows
Pre-built Integration Flows:
- EDI 850 (Sales Order): Integration flows in CIC are provided to receive X12 850 (Purchase Order) from the Trading partners and create the corresponding Sales Order in D365 BC.
- EDI 855 (Sales Order Confirmation): Once the Order is confirmed, the integration flow automatically retrieves details from D365 BC and creates the X12 855 (PO Acknowledgement).
- EDI 860 (Sales order change): In case there is any change to the existing Sales Order, the trading partner sends out an X12 860(Purchase Order Change) which in turn updates the existing sales order in D365 BC.
- EDI 856 (Advanced Shipment Notice) and EDI 810 (Invoice): Once the Shipment and Invoice are created for the Order in the D365 BC, Accelerator has the project to retrieve the Shipment and Invoice records from the D365 BC which generates the respective outbound documents like X12 856 (ASN) and X12 810 (Invoice) document.
- EDI 940 (Warehouse Shipping Order): The manufacturer (D365 BC) can instruct the warehouses to ship the items, by automatically retrieving sales/transfer order details from D365 BC and creating outbound X12 940(Warehouse Shipping Orders) to the warehouse or third-party logistics provider (3PL).
- EDI 945 (Warehouse Shipping Advice): The warehouse sends out X12 945 (Warehouse Shipping Advice) to D365 BC to let them know that a shipment has taken place and based on the Depositor number in EDI 945 the existing Sales/Transfer order is updated in D365 BC.
- EDI 846 (Inventory advice): The integration flow automatically retrieves item details from D365 BC and creates the X12 846 (Inventory Inquiry/Advice) for Trading Partner.
- EDI 820 (Payment order/remittance): Integration flows in CIC are provided to receive X12 820 (Payment Order or Remittance Advice) from the Trading Partners and create the corresponding CashReceiptJournal in D365 BC.
- EDI 875 (Grocery Products Purchase Order): The Integration flow can receive X12 875 (Grocery Order) from the Trading partners and create the corresponding Sales Order in D365 BC with the Grocery_Order flag as true.
- EDI 880 (Grocery Products Invoice): Once the Invoice is created for the Grocery Order in the D365 BC, Accelerator has the project to retrieve the Invoice records from the D365 BC which generates the outbound document like X12 880 (Grocery Products Invoice).
- EDI 943 (Warehouse Stock Transfer Advice): When there is stock to be received, the manufacturer informs the warehouse/3PL about the items transfer information through X12 943(Warehouse Stock Transfer Advice) so that they are ready to receive the incoming stock from customer/vendor/any other warehouse.
- EDI 944 (Warehouse Stock Transfer Receipt Advice): Once the stock is received by the warehouse/3PL, they generate X12 944(Warehouse Stock Transfer Receipt Advice) as confirmation for the number of items received by the manufacturer which will update the existing Warehouse Receipt in D365 BC.
- EDI 812 (Credit/Debit Adjustment): The Integration flow can also receive X12 812 (Credit/Debit Adjustment) from the trading partners for a specific Sales Order which in turn will create the corresponding Sales Return Order in D365 BC.
- EDI 997 (Functional Ack): All the flows will also have the respective X12 997 (Functional Ack) flow and outbound EDI validations included.
Integration Design Specification Template: The document which explains the business rules that are applied while creating the inbound and outbound documents. The template helps in documenting any changes to the template integration as per your requirement.
Multiple Trading Partner Onboarding: The design lets you, onboard multiple Trading Partners, at once using the Wizard.
Email notification for unknown trading partners: If the Inbound/Outbound payloads are received where no matching configurations are found, then an email notification will be generated.
EDI message validations:
- Duplicate Inbound messages The Accelerator has the logic to handle any duplicate EDI data that is retrieved from the Trading partner. If need be, this can be turned per partner or per doctype.
- Inbound/Outbound EDI Data validation: Accelerator is enabled to catch any invalid EDI syntaxes in both Inbound and Outbound flow. The execution will be stopped if there are any syntax errors. The settings can be changed to not stop execution as well.
Error Handling and Ticket Creation: Accelerator ensures all the processing failures are logged as a ticket and marked as an Issue in the Cockpit.
Out-of-the-box Cockpit visibility: Accelerator is already enabled with the resources necessary to display data in several Cockpit monitoring pages.
- The Message Details view provides the life cycle of an Order until the Invoice has been generated.
- The Accelerator also uses Dashboard charts to monitor various transactions. All document types supported by this Accelerator are represented. Details about the count of translated messages are also displayed. Below are several examples.
What is not supported
- This Accelerator currently supports X12 EDI Version 4010 only.
- This Accelerator supports only those integrations for documents that have been processed in the CIC; it does not support non-CIC document integrations. For example, you cannot create an invoice, ASN, or confirmation record for an Order that was not processed by the CIC.
Detailed documentation is provided on the project structure and object-level details that are in the Accelerator. Please refer to the X12 O2C With D365 BC Accelerator document provided in the
com.cleo._customer_.edid365bc project under the Docs folder.
- Please review the following prerequsuites.
- There are other steps you may need to take that are described in these initial setup steps, which include the configuration of:
- Reference Tables
- Staging Database
- Global Variables