These release notes describe new features, known issues, bug fixes, and other information related to the current CIC Studio release.
Before you update - recommended practices
- Make sure all Projects and related resources in your Workspace have been committed to an SVN repository.
- Stop any testing being done within your Studio; the update process requires a Studio restart.
- Reset your Studio Perspective. (Main menu | Window | Reset Perspective)
What’s new in this current release
The latest release is 5.2.18. This release contains enhancements and improvements, including infrastructure updates put in place to support future capabilities and development. Key release components include the following:
Additional Logging available
Additional logging has been added to the Date category of Business Process tasks. These logs capture the input parameters and result in the individual log entry which is accessible in the Auditor. See the Date Category of BP Tasks for additional usage details.
Switching between tenants has been made easier by placing a drop-down menu in the main banner of the Studio. This also helps users quickly identify which tenant is being used.
JSON - Get By Pointer BP Task
A new Business Process task - JSON Get by Pointer - can be used to fetch a particular value of a key in a JSON or a JSONArray without having to loop, which can be a performance improvement when working with large amounts of JSON data. More information on usage, examples, and troubleshooting can be found in the Solution Center.
Fixes and other release details
- Fixed an issue that required clicking the Sign In button twice when logging into the Studio.
- Fixed an issue where the Studio restarted during an EDI Schema update, causing the update to fail.
5.2.17. This release contains enhancements and improvements, including infrastructure updates put in place to support future capabilities and development. Key release components include the following:
New Connector - SAP S/4HANA
The SAP S/4HANA Cloud Connector lets you use CIC studio to connect and integrate data on your SAP S/4HANA Cloud business application. The Connector allows users to work with data relating to their SAP S/4HANA Cloud services including SalesOrder, Outbound Delivery, Billing documents, and more. For more information please see the Connector Overview for SAP S/4HANA.
Other release items include:
- Existing Authentication Vault Entries are now listed for selection when being assigned to a Web Service Consumer. This improves an earlier process that required the user to enter the entry as a sting (in a text field) during WSC creation; a process that was prone to manual error.
- Users can now view and edit Auth Vault Entry details (Connector Type and Auth Type) directly from the Admin Console/Settings/Auth Vault view. This enables faster troubleshooting and verification of authentication-related issues.
- An improved and more intuitive user experience has been incorporated into the process of checking out Accelerator & Booster resources as part of initial setup. More information on using the UI Wizards can be found in Getting Started with Accelerators and Boosters.
- Magento Connector has been rebranded to reflect Adobe Commerce brand changes.