Changes and updates that affect a Connector and its objects might occur in the cloud application or CIC. In this case, you can easily update your existing Connector Project using the Cloud Connector Update option in CIC Studio.
Prerequisites: Please note that your Project must already exist in your Project Explorer and it must be open. Otherwise, the Project will not be available to be selected for updating.
- From the main menu, select Cloud Connector Update.
- Select which Cloud Connector project to update.
- Select a specific vault entry containing the required auth information.
- If you want to add a new service or remove existing entities, select the Add new entities for Schema generation and/or remove existing entities checkbox and click Next to proceed. (If NOT then please skip to Step# 7)
- To remove the services from a connector, either uncheck the services from the services list or click next and delete the services in the Review selection page.
To update the connector with new services, select the required OData V2 and OData V4 services upload the WSDL for SOAP synchronous services, then clicking Next to proceed.
Note: As the number of selected entities increases the time to build the project also increases.
- Verify the information is correct using the Review service selection page and then clicking Next. Press Finish to update the Connector. The Recreate Connector Objects checkbox will be selected by default; this will recreate and override all existing Connector Projects and their resources. This is useful when changes to a schema occur outside of CIC Studio and after the initial Connector Project was created. For example, a new custom object or field was added by the external application, but the initial Cloud Connector was made before those changes. By selecting to recreate, these new changes will be utilized.
- If you do not want to add a new service or remove an existing service, do not select Add new entities for Schema generation and/or remove existing entities.
- Verify the information is correct and press Finish to complete the update.