Boolean-type variables can be created with an initial true or false value, or to be populated later with a true or false value from a rule. Boolean-type variables are used mainly when customizing a Rule's condition.
This process takes place in a Ruleset editor, in the Variables section.
Make sure nothing in Variables is selected. If something is selected, Ctrl+click on it to deselect it.
Click the Add Variable button to produce the Create a New Variable window.
- In the Name field, type what you'd like to call the variable.
- Select Boolean from the Type drop-down.
Choose a Value radio-button. Options are:
Note: Clicking true or false creates a hard-coded constant value. Because it is a hard-coded constant value, if you want to change it, you must reset the value first. The Reset button only works after you've defined and saved this variable once.
- True - If the statement is true
- False - If the statement is false
- Reset - Reset the values
- Click OK to complete this task.