This report allows you to search your received message level transactions.
An example of how to best filter this report could be to view only results based on:
- Status (such as Acknowledged or Failed)
- PO number (using the custom user reference fields)
What are user reference fields and how are they useful?
The Message Inquiry report has the option to use five available user reference fields. These custom values, which you can determine, must be configured at the Ruleset level in Clarify; once this has been done, the passed labels and their values will be made available as filtering criteria for your reports.
To a non-EDI specialist, existing search criteria such as the Sender ID or the Interchange Control Number may mean value, but filtering on a specific PO number may have more value. General Dashboard users may want to simply confirm if an invoice or purchase order has been sent or received. Several other examples of how the Customer Reference fields could be used might include:
- Invoice number or invoice date
- Shipment Date
- Store Location
- Purchase Order number or date
The availability of certain search criteria in the Dashboard will be dependent on some initial Ruleset configuration in Clarify.
Navigating this report
This report uses several interactive navigation tools for drilling up and down through other related reports, as well as tools to view data and other information.
- Drill up to the Group level by clicking on the icon at the beginning of the desired message.
- Click the icon to view the raw EDI data.
- Click the icon to view the Message Audit View. This view displays the Connection, Interchange, Group, and Application details of the transaction, as well as an overall summary details section.
Please sign in to leave a comment.