This topic describes how to add a user profile to the Access Control view.
All steps take place from the Access Control view within the Admin Console. Only users with a specific Access Control permission (Add/Modify/Delete Users, Roles, and LDAP Profiles) can perform this process.
- From the User area, click the Add button to make the New User screen appear.
- Enter a unique User ID (required) and Name (optional). It will be this User ID that the new user logs in with when connecting to a remote server from the Studio's Server Environment toolbar.
- Select one of the two available password options; use available radio buttons to either manually enter a password or have one generated. If selecting the latter, a new temporary password screen appears.
You have the ability to copy the password to a clipboard. This makes it easy to provide the user with the new password, such as through e-mail, etc. As this is a system-generated temporary password, users may want to immediately change their temporary password to something easier to remember or per your Company's policy.Note: If you do not copy, you must record the new password before clicking OK, as it will not be displayed again.
- After clicking OK, the new user should now appear in the Users area.
- Select the new user so that the User ID and Name, if provided, are displayed in the User Details area. The Roles section in this area appears empty, as all newly created users have no roles or permissions by default.
- From the Roles area, click the Add button to make the Select Roles screen appear.
Three default roles will be available: admin, superuser, and user. (If you've created other roles, these too will be displayed).Note: admin and superuser roles have assigned security permissions, while user, by default, has none. If you select user, you may need to add security permissions in order to access server functionality. Once selected, the role now displays in the area.