Access Control provides three pre-configured user profiles, which are a combination of users and roles.
- ebiadmin: An administrative user with all permissions including Access Control.
- ebisuper: An advanced user with all permissions except Access Control.
- ebiuser: A basic user with no permissions explicitly defined.
- admin role (assigned to ebiadmin)
- superuser role (assigned to ebisuper)
- user role (assigned to ebiuser)
Roles define which permissions are granted to specific users. Examples of permissions include the ability to launch a Business Process, suspend or resume a remote server, or edit an object from the Admin Console. Please see Available Permissions for Security for detailed descriptions.
- An ebiuser who can access functionality on several of the Admin Console views, but not the Projects view. This would be done by adding permission to the user role.
- Removing several security permission from the ebisuper to disable access to certain server functionality. This would be done by removing certain permissions from the superuser role.
Please see Modifying User Profiles for more information.