The Messages page lists all the messages processed by your system. There are several ways to filter your messages to display only the messages you are interested in. See Filtering Message Activity.
You can click on any message to display the Message Detail page, which contains details about that message, including its original and translated form, and any issues that might have occurred during processing. From the Message Detail page, you can also download and reprocess the message. See Viewing Message Details.
Note: Messages are formatted per your locale. This means times are shown in your local time zone and the formats for date and currency observe your locale.
When you view a list of messages on the Message page, you can view them as tiles or as a list.
In the Tile view, information about messages is displayed in tiles across the page. To view messages in Tile view, click the Tile view icon.
Each tile provides details about a single message.
In List view, information about one message is displayed in each line. To view messages in List view, click the List view icon.
Each line in the list provides details about a single message.
The message status indicates if there is an issue associated with a message and whether the issue is "current" (unresolved) or resolved.
Note: The statuses described below relate to how the Message statuses are currently being used to coordinate between Cleo and Cleo Managed Services customers.
|Current||Indicates the issue is current (unresolved). This category contains four sub-categories|
|Open||Issue has been assigned to Cleo and action is pending from Cleo.|
|New||Issue has not been assigned to anyone yet. This is the initial state for all issues. Once the status changes, it cannot be set to New again.|
|Pending||Issue requires assistance from you, the Cleo customer.|
|On Hold||Issue requires assistance from your Partner.|
|Resolved||Indicates a Resolved issue.|
Issue is solved, but not closed.
Depending on your configuration, an issue may be set to "Closed" automatically after 3 days of being marked as Solved. See Closed and Solved Issue Status.
Otherwise, the "Solved" state is like any other.
|Closed||Issue is closed.|
Updating Message Issue Status
Users who manage their own issues can update the status of an issue from the Issue tab on the Job Details page.
When you update the Job Issue status you can also add a comment at the same time.
Closed and Solved Issue Status
Depending on your configuration, CIC may automatically change an issue status to "Closed" after it has been in a "Solved" status for three days. In this case, "Closed" is not available from the dropdown list. If your configuration does not allow for automatically closing issues, you must explicitly update an issue status to "Closed".
The Reprocessing status indicates how many times the message has been reprocessed, if at all. See Reprocessing messages.
Functional Acknowledgement (FA) status
A functional acknowledgement (FA) serves as a virtual receipt between trading partners that a transaction has occurred. An FA adds transparency to the business process by indicating the state of the acknowledgement.
CIC provides six possible acknowledgement indicators.
|Successful acknowledgement. Click this icon to display acknowledgement data separately.|
|Successful with error. Click this icon to display acknowledgement data separately.|
|Acknowledgement is late and accepted with errors. Click this icon to display acknowledgement data separately.|
|Error with acknowledgement. Click this icon to display acknowledgement data separately.|
|Acknowledgement not received, but expected.|
|Acknowledgement not expected.|
|Acknowledgement was received, but late.|
|Acknowledgement has not yet been received and is late.|
Filtering Message Activity
You can apply filtering criteria on the Messages page to narrow the scope of the data display.
You can toggle filters on the messages displayed as follows:
- Saved Filters
- Displays a list of filters previously saved that you can apply. Select a saved filter to apply it. See Managing saved filters.
- Clear All
- Removes all filters and displays messages from the last 30 days, except for the Date filter located in the upper right corner of the page.
- By message direction
- Click Inbound or Outbound.
- By partner
- Click in the Partners field to display a list of partners to select from. You can start typing a partner name or ID number to refine the list. When you see the partner you want, select it from the list.
- Alternatively, you can click the Browse link.
- Clicking this Browse link displays a modal dialog box from which you can select partners to filter on.
- By issue
- In the Issues field, enter an issue ID and press Enter to display only those messages pertaining to that issue. You can enter a comma-separated list of issue IDs to search on multiple issues.
- Click Current or Resolved to display only messages in the selected category, inclusive of sub-categories.
- Click the arrow next to Current or Resolved to reveal sub-categories from which to choose. Select a sub-category to display only messages in that sub-category.
Issue categories and sub-categories correspond to message status values. See Message status for more information.
- By acknowledgement
- Click one or more of the FA types. See Functional Acknowledgement (FA) status for information about FA types.
- By message
- In the Messages field, enter a message ID to display the matching message. For example, to filter for the specific Order number 35000, enter 35000 in the field. You must enter the entire message ID. You can enter a comma-separated list of message IDs to search on multiple messages.
- By message type
- Under the Messages field, select one or more message types to display messages of only those types. A filter for each message type that has passed through your system is shown. For example, if Orders have passed through your system, you see a filter for Orders available to select to show only messages that were Orders.
- Deselect a message type to hide those messages. All messages are displayed when no message types are highlighted.
- By message detail
- You can search all messages for text contained in the Key-Value pairs that make up the details of a message. The search string is a match if it is found in either in the Key or the Value.
For example, if the search string is
id, messages that contain the value,
candidate, are found as well as messages that contain the key,
- Note: Wildcard characters are not allowed in this search.
- By date
- Select a date range to display messages that were sent in that range during that time.
- You can choose a pre-defined date range or choose Custom Range to open a dialog box where you can specify a time and date range, including the time zone.
- Note: When you select This week from the list of date ranges, the Messages page displays data starting from the current workweek -- that is, the previous Monday through the next Sunday. For example, if you selected This week on Wednesday, May 21, you would see data from Monday, May 19 through Sunday, May 25.
- Note: All times and dates displayed in the Cockpit reflect the local time zone of the User's System, unless otherwise noted using the Custom Range option - which means that you can select a different time zone for the same data. This can be useful when users across different time zones need to view the same data.
Note: The controls for this filter are located in the upper right corner of the page.
Managing saved filters
You can save the current filter criteria. Click the Saved Filter link and select Save Current Filter. Enter a name for the filter and click Save.
You can delete an existing filter. Click the Saved Filter link and select Manager Filters. Select one or more filters you want to delete and click Delete.
Downloading message information
From the Tile view and List view on the page, click the download button to download a CSV file containing information about messages that meet the current filtering criteria (see Filtering Message Activity). The CSV file contains information about one message per row and includes the following fields for each message:
messageId– Uniquely identifies the message.
transaction_time– Time and date the transaction took place.
direction– Whether the message was inbound or outbound.
docType– Type of doc sent or received. For EDI messages, there are specific values that represent specific EDI doc types.
docAlias– An alias that corresponds to the
currency– The currency associated with the message (if relevant).
faStatus– Functional Acknowlegdement status. See Functional Acknowledgement (FA) status for more information.
ticketId– Identifies the Zendesk ticket, if it exists.
ticketStatus– The status of the Zendesk ticket, if it exists.
tpId– Value uniquely identifying the Trading Partner.
tradingPartnerName– The Trading Partner's name.
reprocessAttempts– The number of attempts at reprocessing the message, if any.
Click the link icon to get a shareable link to this page and copy it to the clipboard. You can send this link to those you want to have access to the page. Recipients can copy the link to the address bar in a browser to navigate to the page.
The recipient of the link must have permission to the linked page in order to use the link to access the page. Without permissions, the recipient cannot see the page.
If you share the link with a recipient who is already logged in to the CIC Cockpit, access to the page is immediate.
If the recipient of the link is not logged in, the login page is displayed. After logging in, the recipient is taken directly to the page.