The Team Synchronizing perspective is used to synchronize resources in the local Workspace with their counterparts shared in a repository.
Common uses include synchronizing resource versions, viewing history, and comparing resource content.
This perspective contains these views:
The Synchronize view allows for comparing local Workspace and remote repository versions of resources, and provides functionality to address differences and conflicts.
Subversion-specific icons indicate the synchronization state of each resource. They are listed here:
The resource was added to the repository, so it's new compared to the local copy. It will be added to the local workbench after an Update.
The resource was changed in the repository, so it’s different compared to the local copy. The change(s) will be added to the local workbench after an Update.
The resource was deleted from the repository, but it still exists in the local workbench. It will be deleted from the local workbench after an Update.
|Outgoing addition||The resource was added to the local workbench, so it's new compared to the repository. It will be added to the repository after a Commit.|
|The resource was changed in the local workbench, so it’s different compared to the repository. The change(s) will be added to the repository after a Commit.|
|Outgoing deletion||The resource was deleted from the local workbench, but it still exists in the repository. It will be deleted from the repository after a Commit.|
|Conflict addition||Two different resources with the same name were added to the repository and the local workbench.|
|Changes made to both the local workbench and repository versions of the resource cannot be merged automatically. Note that the parents of the decorated resource are also decorated. A manual Merge is required to resolve this conflict.|
|Conflict deletion||Both the local workbench and repository versions of the resource were deleted. No action is required.|
|Properties change||The properties of either the local workbench or repository version of the resource were changed. No action is required.|
- Synchronize: Starts synchronization with repository.
- Pin Current Synchronization: Pins the current synchronization so other started synchronizations will be shown in another Synchronization view.
- Show Java Workspace: Toggles between two selections.
- Collapse All: Redraws the view collapsing all expanded items.
- Next Difference: Shows the next difference of the resources.
- Previous Difference: Shows the previous difference of the resources.
- Expand All: Redraws the view expanding all collapsed items.
- Incoming Mode: Redraws the view showing only incoming changes.
- Outgoing Mode:Redraws the view showing only outgoing changes.
- Incoming/Outgoing Mode: Redraws the view showing both incoming and outgoing changes.
- Conflicts Mode: Redraws the view showing only conflict changes.
- Update All Incoming Changes: Activates the Update action for all incoming changes.
- Commit All Outgoing Changes: Activates the Commit action for all outgoing changes.
- View Menu: See the table below for information on its sub selections.
- Pin Current Synchronization:
- Link with Editor:
- Remove Current Synchronization: Removes the current synchronization information from the view.
- Remove UnPinned Synchronizations: Removes all unpinned synchronizations from the view.
- Mode: Allows to set the synchronization mode to either Incoming, Outgoing, Both, or Conflicts.
- Restore Removed Items:
- Preferences: Produces the Synchronize Preferences window.
- Schedule: Produces the Configure Synchronize Schedule - SVN window.
- Show Synchronize Info Incrementally: A checkable selection.
The Tasks view presents information related to tasks.
Tasks may be assigned within a Project by right-clicking in the Tasks View and then selecting Add Task. For example, to record reminders to follow up on something later, add it to the Tasks view. A task may be associated with a resource; this allows for using the Tasks view to quickly open that resource for editing.
Column headings are Completion, Priority, Description, Resource, Path, Location, and Type.
- View Menu
The View Menu offers these selections.
- Show: Choices include TODOs or Show All
- Group By: Choices include Type or None
- Sort By: Choices include Completion, Priority, Description, Resource, Path, Location, Type, or Ascending
- New Tasks view: Produces the New Tasks View window, to create another View. This is useful, for example, if you wish to list different types of tasks in separate views.
- Configure Contents...: Produces the Configure Contents window, to customize the display of tasks.
- Configure Columns...: Produces the Configure Columns window, to add/remove/move columns.