You manage Access Points from the Network > Access Points page. Here, you can create new Access Points, delete existing ones, and update CIC Agent software.
Creating an Access Point
Creating an Access Point entails running a script to download and install the CIC Agent software on a private server.
- Log in to Cleo Integration Cloud.
- Go to the Network > AccessAdd Access Point button.
page and click the
- Enter a Name and select an OS.
Choose from the following:
The system displays instructions specific to the operating system you select.
- Red Hat
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- Follow the instructions displayed to install the CIC Agent software on the Access Point server. For more detailed information about working with CIC Agent software, see Installing, Updating, and Uninstalling CIC Agents.
After you add your Access Point, you are ready to add File System Endpoints.
Access Point Details
The Access Points page displays details about each of the Access Points in your CIC system, including the following:
|Name||The name of the Access Point. Used to identify the Access Point throughout your CIC system.|
|Status||CIC tracks the status of each Access Point at a regular interval and displays the status for each in this column. Valid values are as follows:
|Agent version||Version number of the CIC Agent software currently installed.|
|OS||The Operating System on which the Access Point is running.|
|Endpoints||The number of Endpoints created on this Access Point.|
|Created by||The person who created the Access Point.|
|Modified||Last time the Access Point was modified.|
Removing an Access Point
Removing an access point is a two-step process, where you first remove the Access Point from the CIC UI and then use the appropriate OS-based process for removing an application to uninstall the CIC Agent.
- Go to Network > Access.
- Select the check box for the access point you want to remove.
- Click the Trash Can icon in the upper right part of the page and then click Delete to confirm that you want to remove the access point.
- Uninstall the CIC Agent software. You can uninstall from using the tools provided by your OS or the command line.
If you are uninstalling a legacy version of CIC Agent (1.0.16 or earlier), you must use the package uninstaller.
For Windows, use the Add or Remove Programs utility.
For Linux, do one of the following:
- For RPM-based distributions:
sudo rpm -e cleo-agent
sudo rm -rf /opt/cleo /var/log/cleo
- For Debian-based distributions:
sudo apt purge cleo-agent
sudo rm -rf /var/log/cleo
If you are uninstalling a newer version (1.0.17 or later), you can use either the package uninstaller (see above for more information) or the command line (see Installing, Updating, and Uninstalling CIC Agents.)
Note: When you uninstall a newer version of CIC Agent (1.0.17 or later) and you have multiple CIC Agents installed, make sure you are uninstalling the intended instance of the Agent software.
- For RPM-based distributions:
Updating CIC Agent Software
From time to time, it will be necessary to update the CIC Agent software installed on each of your Access Point servers.
To see what version of the Agent you have installed, go to the Network > Access page.
- Select the Access Point for which you want to update the CIC Agent software and click the update button in the upper right. Note that if you have Admin permissions, you might be able to update the agent software for all Access Points available on the Network > Access page.
- Confirm that you want to update the agent. This might take a few minutes as your system needs to download the software and then install it.