Building integrations in the CIC Studio is the creation and configuration of Projects, Objects, and other resources that meet your integration solution needs. These objects generally fall into one of five operational categories:
- Transport (how data is moved in and out of the Studio)
- Define (how source and target data is defined by the Studio)
- Transform (how data is transformed from one syntax to another)
- Route (how the Studio identifies, processes, and routes data)
- Process (how the tasks necessary for your integration solution are sequenced and executed)
This diagram introduces those five categories., with the actual corresponding object type shown to the right of the pyramid.
Knowing which objects are needed in the operational category is an important step in the planning of your integration.