This describes how and where to obtain the pre-supplied Projects and Packages.
- What are CIC Cockpit Projects (CCP)?
- Checking out CCP Resources
- Setting Dependencies (between existing Projects and CCP Resources)
What are CIC Cockpit Projects (CCP)?
CIC Cockpit Projects (CCP) are a series of Products, Packages, and Resources that users can download from a Cleo repository. These Projects, when configured with existing integration Projects in the CIC Studio, allow for data to display in the CIC Cockpit (Dashboards, Message, Jobs, and Partners).
These Projects currently support EDI X12 4010 and 5010 Standards through pre-supplied Rulesets and Business Processes allowing you to quickly build EDI transformations using documents such as 810, 850, 856, and many others. See EDI Document Types supported in CCP for a complete list.
This contains inbound and outbound EDI resources for the supported EDI document types. Two examples are shown here.
Checking out CCP resources
Cleo hosts an SVN repository to share Projects and resources you can use to set up the CIC Integration Engine to perform data transformation and populate the CIC Cockpit. The CIC Studio provides an interface to SVN that allows you to check the projects out.
- Open the SVN Repository Exploring perspective.
- Add the following directory:
Note: Customers that are using CIC Studio version 5.1.11 or below should instead use the /transformation-engine-5.1.1 directory.
- To check out com.cleo.b2biaas.clarify.
- Right-click com.cleo.b2biaas.clarify and select Checkout.
- Click Finish to check out Project.
- Check out com.cleo.cic.cockpit.core. (follow bullets above)
- Check out any document-specific Projects you'll need that are specific to the EDI document being used in your integration solution. For example, if integrations include Purchase Orders and Invoices, then you would check out com.cleo.cic.cockpit.core.n850 and com.cleo.cic.cockpit.core.n810.
Note: For non-EDI Projects the last step does not apply.
Once you have the required projects checked out to your local system, you declare dependencies between your own integration Projects, where a given Project is provided access to resources in another Project.
Your integration Projects must be edited to declare dependencies on those pre-configured Projects from the CCP.
For the purpose of this example, we will call your integration Project com.cic.customer.edi. But keep in mind that any integration Projects to be used to populate data to the CIC Cockpit (and using CCP resources) must have dependencies set.
- Go to The Project Explorer. Open the com.cic.customer.edi Project and go to src>META-INF>MANIFEST.MF.
- Open (double-click) MANIFEST.MF file. This will display in an editor.
- Select the Dependencies tab from the bottom of the editor.
- Once in the Dependencies page, click Add. The Plug-in Selection dialog box appears. Tip: You can filter the list based on the package name.
- Select the following packages and click Add: (bulk or individually)
- com.cleo.cic.cockpit.core.n850 (as an example)
- com.cleo.cic.cockpit.core.n810 (as an example)
- all other document-specific packages
- Save and close the MANIFEST.MF file.
- Repeat the above steps for all other integration Projects involved.
Customizing CCP Resources
The EDI Document-type Projects can be used as a base and further customized. Cleo recommends that resources, specifically the doc-specific Rulesets, are copied first, and original versions retained in their original state. Changes to the copied Ruleset can then reflect your customizations (adding or removing data that appears on the CIC Cockpit).
We know that one size doesn't fit all and that you might want to customize the CIC Cockpit to show the information that is most pertinent to your organization labeled in a way that will be recognizable to users across your organization. To that end, we can help you customize certain aspects of the CIC Dashboards, Message Tiles, and Message Detail pages.
For more information about what can be customized and how we can help, contact Cleo Managed Services.