Before creating and using a Connector, please review the following requirements and prerequisites.
- Application Registration on Acumatica ERP
- Specialized Licensing Required
- Technical Assumption
Application Registration on Acumatica ERP
Base URL: https://<Acumatica ERP instance URL>, is the URL of the Acumatica ERP instance to which the client application is going to connect. For example, for a local Acumatica ERP instance with the name AcumaticaDB, the Base URL is https://localhost/AcumaticaDB.
ClientId, Client Secret and Callback URL:
ClientId : the client ID must include an auto-generated string and the ID of the company, such as 88358B02-A48D-A50E-F710-39C1636C30F6@MyCompany. The client application will have access to the data of the company specified in the client ID.
Client Secret : The value of the secret that was created for the client application during the registration of the application in Acumatica ERP.
Callback URL: The URI in the client application to which the response to the request should be sent. The URI must exactly match one of the values specified for the application in the Redirect URI column on the Redirect URIs tab of the Connected Applications form.
To obtain ClientId and Client Secret one must register an application in Acumatica ERP.
- On the System tab, click Integration. In the navigation pane, navigate to Configure > Connected Applications.
- In the Client Name box, type the name of the registered application. Note: Leave the Client ID box blank. The system will fill it in when you save your changes on the form.
- In the OAuth 2.0 Flow box, select Authorization Code.
- On the Secrets tab, do the following for each client secret you want to add:
1) On the tab toolbar, click Add Shared Secret. The Add Shared Secret dialog box opens.
2)In the Description box, type the description of the shared secret.
3)Optional: In the Expires On (UTC) box, enter the date and time on which the secret expires.
4)Copy and save the value that is displayed in the Value box. The client application should use this client secret for authentication in Acumatica ERP. Note: For security reasons, the value of the secret is displayed only once: when you create the secret by invoking this dialog box.
5)Click OK to save the secret and close the dialog box.
- On the Redirect URIs tab, do the following for each redirect URI you want to add:
1) On the tab toolbar, click Add Row.
2) In the Redirect URI column of the new row, type the exact redirect URI to which Acumatica ERP should redirect the client application after the client application has been authorized. The redirect URI must be absolute and must not have the fragment part (the part preceded with #).
- On the form toolbar, click Save. Notice that the client ID has been generated in the Client ID box. The client application should use this client ID along with the client secret for authentication in Acumatica ERP.
Swagger URL: Used to retrieve the reference information for the methods of the contract-based REST API endpoint in the swagger.json file, which is an OpenAPI 2.0 (formerly known as Swagger 2.0) file.
https://<Acumatica ERP instance URL>/entity/<Endpoint name>/<Endpoint version>/swagger.json?company=<Company>
Example : Suppose that you wanted to retrieve the API reference of the default endpoint and Version 6.00.001 available in the MyCompany company from a local Acumatica ERP instance with the name AcumaticaDB. You would use the following URL to obtain the swagger.json file.
For more information on Acumatica Swagger URL :
Specialized Server Licensing Required
The Application Connector requires a specialized server license. See your Customer Account Manager.
Effective use of the Connector assumes the following:
- You are familiar with the development and organization of your external application account.
- You know the particulars of your data and the external processes to manage it.
- You have a general understanding of how to create and share resources, and publish (deploy) integration projects in the CIC Studio.
Please sign in to leave a comment.