CIC allows you to quickly integrate with Salesforce, thanks to an intuitive, guided UI experience in the CIC Studio that helps you define and configure the resources needed to design and run processes, including complex inbound and outbound integrations, all based on external application data and events.
- Automatically synchronize changes in Salesforce with your backend database or data warehouse system.
- Kick-off ordering and invoicing processes (transformations) when won opportunities occur.
- Send queries to Salesforce and then process the response into your backend integration or some other transformation.
- Connect Leads and Campaigns with marketing automation systems
- Add new information into Salesforce-based on another integrated system, such as a database or flat file.
- Receive or send an e-mail whenever a certain status in Salesforce changes.
How it works in CIC
The process to integrate CIC with Salesforce follows this basic process.
- Using the Application Cloud Connector Wizard in the CIC Studio, you connect with your Salesforce application, and retrieve information to then build objects and resources that can be used for different Salesforce operations, such as Add/Create, Delete, Search/Query, Update, and Upsert. These resources include Business Processes and Schemas.
- Activate Business Processes to call the specific Salesforce operations (and other tasks), use specialized Connector Schemas (.ObjSchema) to build Rulesets, and incorporate Salesforce data into your overall integration solution.
|Connector Schema (.ObjSchema)||This specialized Schema (Salesforce.ObjSchema) also handles complex data structures from XML, and is generated as part of its Cloud Connector support for the Salesforce application. The Connector Schema is read-only.|
Each Salesforce record is represented as an sObject before it is inserted into Salesforce. Likewise, when persisted records are retrieved from Salesforce, they are stored in an sObject field to be used in a Ruleset.
This comes into play when building a Ruleset based on Salesforce APIs.
|OAuth||Open Authorization (OAuth) is an open standard for token-based authentication and authorization on the Internet. OAuth allows an end user's account information to be used by third-party services without exposing the user's password.|