Cleo Accelerators are designed to accelerate the building of common integrations incorporating Cleo best practices for integration design. They are a collection of CIC Studio Projects (and other resources) that allow you to more easily and consistently integrate between your system and your trading partner.
The Projects contain prebuilt Schemas, Rulesets, Business Processes, and other resources used for development, deployment/execution, and testing. This includes mapping tools specific to your integration. Finally, there are also resources necessary to display data in several Cockpit monitoring pages.
Types of Accelerators
There are two types:
Application (Application-to-application): This type of Accelerator provides the necessary resources that allow you to integrate between two different applications. For example, you could have an integration set up to retrieve Orders from Amazon MarketPlace (AMP) and then create the corresponding SalesOrder in NetSuite.
Network (Application-to-EDI): This type of Accelerator provides the necessary resources that allow you to integrate between an application using EDI documents. An example could be a typical X12 Order-to-Cash operation in which documents (850, 810, 997, 856, 855) are processed with your backend system and Netsuite application.
How it works in CIC
The process to integrate using an integration template follows this basic process.
- Download a wizard from plan.io. This is part of an initial setup that obtains Projects and resources.
- Customize the Projects. Some Projects are read-only and are only referenced by other Projects. Other template Projects, however, require modification based on your particular environment and business needs. This includes mainly Ruleset and Business Process (BP) configuration but may include other resources such as Routes and Envelopers.
- Deploy Projects.
- Test your Accelerators. You can test your integration throughout development using several Business Processes included in each Accelerator.
- Monitor results. After deployment, you can monitor activity in the Cockpit and check for errors or other issues to troubleshoot.
Integration Flow Charts and Logical Mapping Specification Templates
Each Accelerator comes with two important resources.
Integration Flow Charts: These diagrams represent the business process flows that are supported in the specific Accelerator being used. They are meant to help you understand the details and flow of particular business integrations.
Logical Mapping Spec (LMS) Template: This template helps you better understand the mapping used within the Accelerator business logic. It describes the movement and transformation of data from a source to a target, i.e. describes the mapping used within an Accelerator.
Both resources can be leveraged for a better understanding of the mapping involved and the business flow supported with the particular Accelerator. These resources can be found in the Doc folder inside the downloaded Accelerator Projects.
Certain prerequisites must be met before using Accelerators. There are requirements that apply specifically to different Accelerator types; these are noted in their specific documentation.
1) Technical Assumption
Effective use of Accelerators assumes the following:
- You are familiar with the development and organization of your external application account.
- You know the particulars of your data and the external processes to manage it.
- You have a general understanding of how to create and share resources, and publish (deploy) integration projects in the CIC Studio. See Core Concepts for additional info.
2) Current CIC Studio
The CIC Studio must be at version 5.1.16 or higher in order to use Accelerators. See Downloading the CIC Studio to determine the version of your Studio as well as download instructions. Please contact Cleo Support if you need help.
3) Specialized Server Licensing Required
Accelerators require a specialized server license. Please see your Customer Account Manager.
Next Topic: Initial Setup