When an inbound 850 is received from the trading partner Endpoint, the Cloud Monitor picks up the file and the ReceiveEDIEvent tries to find the matching inbound route. If found, the EDI message is translated to Netsuite SalesOrder XML and posted to Netsuite.
This section explains how to configure the integration to process the Inbound Purchase Order received from the Trading Partner and to create the corresponding Standard Sales Order in NetSuite.
How to Configure the Flow
- Configure the Cloud Monitor. Edit the InboundEDIMN.cloud.monitor (found in the
com.cleo.b2bcloud.core.cloudMonitorPackage) to include the trading partner endpoint. By default this is set to run RecieveEDIEvent.
- Configure the Inbound EDI Route.
- Sender ID as Trading Partner name
- Receiver ID as the Customer name (supplied in Wizard input.properties file found in the resources folder). If there are changes, you must modify the _TP_850v4010IR found in the
- Configure the 997 Enveloper. The 997 Envelope details and the trading partner endpoint to which the 997 has to be sent should be configured in _TP_997ENV which is in the trading partner Project, under the
How to Run the Flow
- Make sure the following Projects have been deployed. If any of these are already deployed and are not modified, they need not be deployed again.
- Configure the Exit Points as described here.
- Ensure that the Cloud Monitor com.cleo.b2bcloud.core.cloudMonitor.InboundEDIMN is started. (See Admin Console -> Resource Monitors)
How to Monitor the Flow
Monitor the flow using:
- Log Entries (Studio Auditor)
- Message View (Cockpit)
- Jobs View (Cockpit)
- Dashboard > Charts (Cockpit)
In case of errors, a ticket is generated and information is also visible in the Message and Job views in CIC Cockpit.
If the processing fails in any of the steps, a ticket is created; the same is visible in the Cockpit Message tile, and Job with the Issue Flag.
If the Trading Partner configuration is not found, a ticket is created and an optional email alert will be generated.
If the file processing fails due to invalid EDI syntax, a ticket is created and the rejected 997 is sent to the Trading Partner.
Below are screenshots of the Cockpit error tile and error job respectively.
How to Customize
Replace the custom fields in the ruleset with your own custom fields.
- If you have any custom fields in your NetSuite instance already, and you want to use them, then they must be updated accordingly in the Ruleset.
- Look for the specific field mapping in the ruleset “_TP_850v4010RS” in the
com.cleo._customer_.netsuite._tp_.inbound.n850.v4010package. The Cleo-specific custom field is mapped with custbody_org_<field id>. Change the same to reflect the corresponding field id.
Add more details while creating the Sales Order on NetSuite, or add specific business logic while creating the sales order on NetSuite.
- The Sales order on NetSuite is currently created with the required data to process orders successfully. Cleo-defined custom fields have been used to map specific values from the EDI files. The values that are being mapped are documented in the Integration Design Specification X12-NetSuite-Mapping-Spec.xlsx that can be found in the docs folder under
com.cleo._customer_.edinetsuiteProject. However, if you wish to add any additional fields then the ruleset _TP_850v4010RS must be updated as per the requirement.
- Contact Cleo support if you need any assistance while adding additional rules.