Cleo Boosters are designed to accelerate the building of common integrations incorporating Cleo best practices for integration design. They are a collection of CIC Studio Projects (and other resources) that allow you to more easily and consistently integrate between your system and an application.
The Projects contain prebuilt Schemas, Rulesets, Business Processes, and other resources used for development, deployment/execution, and testing. Finally, there are also resources necessary to display data in several Cockpit monitoring pages.
How are Boosters and Accelerators related?
Boosters and Accelerators (see Accelerators: An Overview) are similar in that each helps you connect your backend to external applications in your ecosystem. However, where Accelerators are designed with both a specific application and backend system in mind, Boosters are designed for a specific application and use an open-ended approach to your backend system that allows you to perform more customized integration.
Types of Boosters
There is one type of Booster currently available:
Application Booster: Provides the resources necessary to integrate between an application and your backend systems. It is recommended that you not modify any of the project files in your Application Boosters. The current library of Boosters includes the following:
How it works in CIC
The process to integrate using an integration template follows this basic process.
- Download a wizard from plan.io. This is part of an initial setup that obtains Projects and resources.
- Customize the Projects. Some Projects are read-only and are only referenced by other Projects. Other template Projects, however, require modification based on your particular environment and business needs. This includes mainly Ruleset and Business Process (BP) configuration but may include other resources such as Routes and Envelopers.
- Deploy Projects.
- Test your Booster. You can test your integration throughout development using several Business Processes included in each Booster.
- Monitor results. After deployment, you can monitor activity in the Cockpit and check for errors or other issues to troubleshoot.
Certain prerequisites must be met before using Boosters.
1) Technical Assumption
Effective use of Boosters assumes the following:
- You are familiar with the development and organization of your external application account.
- You know the particulars of your data and the external processes to manage it.
- You have a general understanding of how to create and share resources, and publish (deploy) integration projects in the CIC Studio. See Core Concepts for additional info.
2) Current CIC Studio
The CIC Studio must be at version 5.2.9 or higher in order to use Boosters. See Downloading the CIC Studio to determine the version of your Studio as well as download instructions. Please contact Cleo Support if you need help.
3) Specialized Server Licensing Required
Boosters require a specialized server license. Please see your Customer Account Manager.
Next Topic: Initial Setup