A search request is performed on NetSuite to look for unprocessed invoice records. If a record is found, it is parsed and the matching Outbound Route is searched. If there is a match, Netsuite Invoice XML data is translated to EDI 810 and sent to the trading partner.
This section explains how to configure the integration to retrieve the Invoices and transform them to EDI X12 810 format for the Trading Partner.
How to Configure the Flow
- Configure Schedulers: LaunchNetsuiteInvoicePS. This can be found in the
com.cleo._customer_.booster.netsuite.invoicepackage. It is scheduled to run once an hour. Configure the specific time interval based on your specific requirements. See Creating and Defining Process Schedules for details.
- Configure the Outbound Route. The CustomerInternalId field from saved search results is used to identify the Trading Partner to whom the Invoice records are to be sent.
- Configure the EDI Enveloper. The X12 810 envelope details and the trading partner endpoint to which the X12 810 is to be sent should be specified in _TP_810v4010ENV (found in trading partner Project -
com.cleo._customer_.netsuite._tp_.outbound.n810.v4010package). By default, the Customer name and the TP Name entered in the Wizard property file are added to the sender id and receiver id respectively. If there are any changes to the enveloping details, _TP_810v4010ENV must also be updated accordingly.
How to Run the Flow
- Make sure the following Projects have been deployed. If any of these are already deployed and are not modified, they need not be deployed again.
- Manually run the flow using LaunchNetsuiteInvoiceBPS. See Starting Objects for details.
Alternatively, automatically run the flow using LaunchNetsuiteInvoicePS, which runs the flow based on the interval specified.
- Monitor the flow using:
- Log Entries (Studio Auditor)
- Message View (Cockpit)
- Jobs View (Cockpit)
- Dashboard > Charts (Cockpit)
- In case of errors, a ticket is generated and information is also visible in the Message and Job views in CIC Cockpit.
Example of Cockpit Tile with error
Example of Cockpit Job with error
- For Outbound EDI validation use cases, see Validation Rules in the Transformation Settings object for Outbound EDI validation rules.
How to Customize
- Change how often Sales Orders are retrieved from NetSuite.
The LaunchNetsuiteInvoicePS scheduler, found in the
com.cleo._customer_.booster.netsuite.invoicepackage, is currently configured to retrieve Inventory once each hour. Change the schedule to run more frequently or less frequently based on your requirements. See Creating and Defining Process Schedules for more information.
- Add more details to the X12 810 from the NetSuite invoice.
The values mapped are documented in the Integration Design Specification, which can be found in the
com.cleo._customer_.edinetsuiteproject under the docs folder. However, if you wish to add fields, you must update the _TP_810v4010RS Ruleset, which can be found in the following package:
Contact Cleo Support for assistance with adding Rules.
Please sign in to leave a comment.