A search request is performed on NetSuite to look for any unprocessed invoice records. If the record is found, it will be parsed and the matching Outbound Route is searched. If the record is a match, then the NetSuite Invoice XML is translated to EDI 810 and sent to the trading partner.
This section explains the settings required to configure the integration between NetSuite to retrieve the Invoices and transform the same to EDI X12 810 format for the Trading Partner integration.
How to configure the 810 Flow
- Configure Schedulers: LaunchNetsuiteInvoicePS. This can be found in the com.cleo._customer_.booster.netsuite.invoice package. It is scheduled to run every 1 hour. Configure the specific time interval based on your specific requirements.
- NetSuite Configuration Required. If the Invoice is supposed to be converted to EDI and then sent to the Trading partners from all the available invoices in the NetSuite, then the custom field custbody_cleo_source_status should contain the keyword PENDING_ in its value.
- Outbound Route.
The Entity - Internal ID is used to identify the Trading Partner to whom the Invoice should be sent.
The internal ID is used in the look-up against the table ‘partners’ to find the Trading Partner name. If the Trading Partner name is not matching with the ‘tpname’ while creating the project using Wizard, you need to update the Outbound Route to reflect the matching name in _TP_810v4010OR (found in the com.cleo._customer_.netsuite._tp_.outbound.n810.v4010 package)
- EDI Enveloper. The X12 810 envelope details and the trading partner endpoint to which the X12 810 has to be sent should be _TP_810v4010ENV (found in trading partner Project/ com.cleo._customer_.netsuite._tp_.outbound.n810.v4010 package). By default, the Customer name and the TP Name that is entered in the Wizard property file is added to the sender and receiver id respectively. If there are any changes to the enveloping details, the object must also be updated accordingly.
How to Run the Flow
- Make sure ythe following Projects have been deployed. If any of these are already deployed and are not modified, they need not be deployed again.
- Manually run the flow using LaunchNetsuiteInvoiceBPS. This can be found in the com.cleo._customer_.booster.netsuite.invoice package.
- Automatically run the flow using LaunchNetsuiteInvoiceBPS which runs the flow based on the interval specified.
- Monitor the flow. Check the Auditor log entries, and verify the following in the CIC Cockpit.
-Messages, Jobs, Dashboard>Charts
In case the processing fails in any of the steps, then a ticket will be created; the same is visible in the Cockpit message tile, and job with Issue flag.
(Example of Cockpit error tile)
(Example of Cockpit error job)
Note: For details on Outbound EDI validation use cases and rules, see Validation Rules in the Transformation Settings object.
How to Customize
- Change the intervals of retrieving Sales Orders from the NetSuite
- The LaunchNetsuiteOrderAcknowledgementPS scheduler can be found in the com.cleo._customer_.booster.netsuite.orderAcknowledgement package, and is currently configured to retrieve Sales Orders every 1 hour. Change the schedule to run more frequently or less frequently based on your requirements . See Creating and Defining Process Schedules for more info.
- Add more details to the X12 810 from the NetSuite invoice.
The values that are being mapped are documented in the LMS Template, which can be found in com.cleo._customer_.edinetsuite Project under the docs folder. However, if you wish to add any additional fields, then you must update the _TP_810v4010RS Ruleset, which can be found in the following package: com.cleo._customer_.netsuite._tp_.outbound.n810.v4010.
Contact Cleo Support for assistance when adding Rules.