January 11, 2021
CIC Cockpit Enhancements
Trading Partner and Jobs Filtering
Similar to the existing Messages page, the Jobs page and Partner page now allow you to filter data using a custom time range where you can specify "to" and "from" date, time, and time zone. The ability to specify a time zone is especially useful when users across different time zones need to view the same data.
Simplified User Onboarding
This enhancement provides consolidated and intuitive control over setting up new users, defining permissions, and providing access to multiple Trading Partners.
CIC Studio Enhancements
SOAP Web Service Consumer
The Web Service Consumer object using the SOAP protocol now supports current Transformation Engine resources (V2 Rulesets and Schemas). This enables CIC to connect to applications through SOAP-based Web Service Integrations and enables SOAP XML to other format data transformation and vice-versa.
From the Studio UI perspective, the Web Service Consumer Wizard gives you the ability to create and define a Web Service Consumer using the SOAP protocol.
- Fixed an issue where, when a trading partner sends a rejected functional acknowledgment (997), CIC Cockpit showed the job as failed even though related tickets showed closed status.
- Various fixes for logging, including logging errors instead of throwing exceptions in certain situations.
October 19, 2020
CIC Cockpit now provides end-to-end visibility for API-, application-, and database-based integrations configured in the CIC Studio. The enhanced capabilities around API visibility provide users with unified integration views across B2B and API dataflows. CIC Cockpit automatically generates Endpoints (in view-only mode) for these types of integrations and references these Endpoints on the Job List and Job Details pages.
Job List enhancements
The Job List page now displays a Job for any API, application, or database transaction and shows the state of specific Job interactions on Business Processes (BP) executed in the Integration Engine.
See Working with Jobs.
Job Details enhancements
The Job Details page now displays a Job for any API, application, or database transaction. For these types of transactions, Job Details include Connection Numbers that link to top-level Business Process (BP) execution and EDI messages for the Transformation Endpoint (and any child Job steps, if available).
For API transactions, Job Details include the API query and path parameter values, all API invocations, and API request and response payloads.
See Working with Jobs.
Important Studio Update Note for certain Application Connectors
In order to take advantage of the end-to-end visibility for some Application Connectors built in previous Studio versions, an update to v5.1.4 or higher will be required. This applies to the Amazon Marketplace (AMP), Salesforce, and NetSuite Application Connectors. Take these steps:
- Update CIC Studio to v5.1.4 or higher.
- Update the Connector Project using the Cloud Connector Update option in the Studio.
- Re-deploy all related Projects.
CIC Cockpit Enhancements
- The Activity > Messages page Tile and Grid views now display updated icons for EDI messages.
- The work flow for managing access to partner data for Normal users has been refactored for better usability. See Managing Users.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong icon was displayed in Transformation Job step when no doc type is matched.
- Fixed an issue where job status for a failed job might be displayed as SUCCESS.
September 19, 2020
CIC Cockpit Enhancements
- The CIC Cockpit UI has been refactored with respect to Partner Activity and user access to Partner data.
- Partner activity now displays on the Activity > Partners page instead of Network > Partners page. See Viewing Partner Activity.
- Network > Partners page now displays a list of your partners by default. From this page, you can edit partner names (for the CIC UI only) and control which of your users have access to a partner’s data. See Controlling User Access to your Partners' Data.
- CIC now offers Scheduled Reports that use saved filtering criteria from the Activity page to generate reports that can be sent to registered CIC users. See Managing Scheduled Reports.
- Users can now sign up to receive Notifications when certain event types occur. Use your user profile to enable notifications for certain events and receive notifications by way of the email address associated with your user profile. See Enabling Notifications for Self-Service CIC Users.
CIC Studio Enhancements
- CIC Studio now provides the Microsoft Dynamics 365 SCM connector that lets you build integrations to connect and integrate data into this popular backoffice system. The new CIC Connector supports both cloud and on-premise versions of Microsoft Dynamics 365 SCM application. See Connector Overview - Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- The Schedules view, which had been removed from the previous Studio version, is now available in the Admin Console Perspective. This view provides a calendar view showing all deployed Process Schedules on a yearly, monthly, weekly, or daily basis. Users can also see a list of scheduled processes. This works in conjunction with the Process Schedule object, which allows you to assign a specific Business Process and determine when and how often it will execute. See Schedules View.
- Users can now change the time zone in the Schedule view. This allows coordination between the time zone where the actual Process Schedule deployment might occur and the design-time default time zone.
- Fixed an issue with time-based filtering in Messages Tile view.
- Fixed an issue in Messages Tile view and List view where, for tiles or list entries with the same message ID displayed adjacent to each other, trading partner IDs were not always updated properly.
- Fixed an issue where a duplicate key violation was thrown when updating FA information.
- Fixed an issue in File Adapters (move, copy, delete) that now reacts correctly to blank file names.
- Fixed an issue with the Email Endpoint where a Class Cast Exception would show in the job log when there was a PGP signature mismatch.
- A job is now created if a user logging into Cleo Portal presents an invalid password or if Cleo Portal is not enabled for the user. A job is also now created when attempting to upload to Cleo Portal a file that is rejected because of the file name/type.
August 15, 2020
CIC Cockpit Enhancements
- CIC object naming infrastructure has been enhanced to help ensure object name uniqueness.
- The Data Flow and File System Endpoint pages have been enhanced to include more complete and comprehensive messaging when remote directory and file browsing fails.
CIC Engine Enhancements
- Logging has been enhanced to allow different levels of detail for different areas of the platform and to include certain failed jobs that will not succeed even if retried.
- Fixed an issue where an Email endpoint could return a 400 error when not enabled as Inbound or Outbound.
- Fixed an issue where the "start over" link would sometimes not route the user back to the login page correctly.
- Fixed an issue where jobs with multiple issues would display the incorrect issue icon.
- Corrected navigation breadcrumb styling.
- Fixed an issue where tooltips were not displaying correctly on the Dashboards page.
- Replaced the term “Cleo Agent” with “CIC Agent”.
- Corrected styling and formatting on the Data Flow and File System Endpoint pages, including the remote browse pages.
- Fixed an issue with a missing text input field when importing a PGP key.
- Fixed an issue where pressing Save might cause a duplicate key violation error.
- Fixed an issue where filtering for Issues on the Jobs page might return some successful Jobs.
- Fixed an issue where clicking on a transformation or child step on the Jobs Detail page would sometimes display the incorrect information on the Message Detail page.
July 28, 2020
New and enhanced features
CIC Studio is the desktop extension of CIC - Cloud Edition that allows you to design, build, optimize, and deploy business process orchestrations, maps, and integrations.
- Users can now download CIC Studio from the Integrations > Studio Download screen.
- Users can now restart the CIC Integration Engine from the Admin > Systems screen.
- For self-service implementations, users are now able to update issue resolution status themselves through CIC Cockpit.
- Issue resolution status icons were added for Messages and Jobs.
- Live Job progress was removed from the Data Flow configuration page. For Job status information, go to the Activity > Jobs page.
- The user can view the certificate used by an endpoint in a job and decide whether or not to trust it for future Jobs. This is commonly supported in a scenario where a Job may fail due to an untrusted certificate.
- A more durable, scalable architecture for Job processing has been implemented. Benefits include:
- More detailed insight into Job status.
- More detailed Jobs information, with improvements to end-to-end visibility and troubleshooting.
- The CIC Studio Connection Number is now included in Job details to link Jobs to CIC Studio Auditor logs.
- The CIC Cockpit can now determine whether an Access Point is active, not responding, or down. This enables better troubleshooting of CIC Agent issues and allows users to track the real-time status of Access Points directly in the CIC Cockpit via CIC Agent.
- CIC now creates failed jobs for more inbound issues, for example, when the AS2-To/From header combination is not found or there is an FTP/SFTP user pre-upload/download issue.
- CIC now supports using native PGP private and public keys and SSH private keys directly instead of using keys wrapped in certificates. CIC also allows you to import PKCS#1, PKCS#8, OpenSSH key types.
- CIC Protocol Engine has been updated resulting in improvements in logging and general performance.
- Removed product name and version from FTP server SYST response.
- Fixed SSH FTP server issue related to open directories in a user session under load.
- Fixed loading spinner issue following a file download in Cleo Portal running in Firefox.
- Fixed issue with Portal "Forgot your password" reset option.
- Fixed an issue to ensure a failed job is always created when there are invalid commands in a dataflow.
- Fixed SFTP server response that could be misinterpreted as an error condition when a file or directory does not exist.
- Made the Message screen download button more reliable when filtering is applied.
May 16, 2020
- Added support for EMAIL endpoint type.
- Enabled file download link once CIC receives a file.
- Fixed polling issue for (s)ftp data flows.
- Fixed CIC Agent reset so that an agent can be activated again after an associated access point is deleted.
- Removed certificate dependency for CIC-hosted Agent-to-Chassis authentication.
- Removed intermediate file transfer progress.
- Fixed issue with Agent update unable to connect to installer repository.
- Handle empty source directory job display.
- CIC-hosted Agent deployment improvements.
- Message Details screen and Job Details screen updated with a Comments section for self-service tickets.
- New Issues are now created for message failure in the Transform Step and for failure in jobs after the Transform step.
- New global settings API available to CIC Studio.
Jan 29, 2020
Here’s what’s new and improved:
- Improved user ability to view activity data on your system.
- Display MDN receipt content
- More meaningful details about jobs
- CSS and HTML updates to fix style issues in general and to add keyboard support to the Activity > Dashboard page.
- General improvements to Activity > Messages and Activity > Dashboard page.
- Activity > Integrations page renamed to Activity > Jobs to better reflect the data displayed.
- Optimized of column space and column properties on the Network > Partner > User Access page and Activity > Jobs page.
- User role validation for trading partners when users are saved.
October 19, 2019
- When a message is selected in the Message Details view, the selected message’s messageID and date are now shown instead of those of the parent message.
- Fixed an issue on the SAML Configuration and Tenant Details pages that could have affected login with SAML.
- Added security headers to API and static website responses.
- Updated dependencies to eliminate known security vulnerabilities.
September 23, 2019
- Messages page filtering
- New Activity chart
- Support local currency, date, string, and numeric data types.
- Deeper unified branding capabilities
- Improved access and permissions control